Hum/Buzz problem with Asus Xonar DX

wicky woo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
It seems I have a constant humming / buzzing problem with my sound on my computer. The hum / buzzing gets louder proportionally to how loud I turn up the sound on my speakers ( z-5500's ) and on my headphones. This buzzing happens only when either headphones or speakers are turned on, and the buzzing does not persist when the control console is turned off. Though when my speakers are plugged into something else ( not my soundcard) like my ipod touch for example, there is no buzzing. So I figure that it is my sound card ( Asus xonar DX) thats causing it since both headphones and speakers buzz. I have tried reinstalling drivers and what not, but no dice; the buzzing continues. Ive checked all the inputs on my soundcard, and nothing changes.
So what could be the problem?
-System-
Windows 7 64 bit
z5500
Asus Xonar DX
GTX 260 core 216
DDR2 800 G.Skill (4GB)
Q9550@4.0ghz
I appreciate all and any help gien :)

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Sounds like interference or backfeed. I can't really say much, as it varies from setup to setup... best I can suggest is to reload the drivers just in case, and then do what Dadiggle said and move it away from any high-power components, and check the wires.

G

i bought a ground loop noise remover and put it in before my speakers, works like a charm. think it was like $40 off amazon