Sign in with
Your question

THE MONEY BACK !!!

Last response: in CPUs
February 26, 2011 6:08:18 AM

Hi there,

THE DEVIL put me make an upgrade and choose INTEL. So I bought an ASUS MB, with a P67 chipset. Also an Core i7 2600 processor. Now I can't use the PC, it's not a problem only with the SATA 2 ports, but also with the SATA 3 ones (the gray).
I will return the MB today and (I hope) have my money back, but what's happening with my Core i7 2600 processor ??? On the market there is now no MB for such a processor and I can't wait until the end of the world for INTEL to manufacture another flawed 1155 socket MB. I have no guarantee that the new MB won't be broken from the very beginning. So I will go AMD, but ... the processor seller told me they can't accept it back, because it wasn't called back by the producer. So I lost 350 euros for this bloody i7 and now I blocked my money without using it.
There is nothing we can do to OBLIGE INTEL to give us back the money for the 1155 socket processors ???
If not, I can promise to make a very good propaganda for INTEL. FOR ME, INTEL NEVERMORE !!! At least, this is what I can do. They took the money money from my pocket ...

Marius, Bucharest, ROMANIA, European Union

More about : money back

February 26, 2011 6:23:39 AM

MSI and gigabyte has started shipping fixed cogour point chipset mobo.Asus will soon follow.So they will give you replacement when the stock is ready.
February 26, 2011 6:36:23 AM

Perhaps you're right, by I don't want to "work" with INTEL, I'm sick of them. I want to go AMD !! It's my right as citizen to do so !!!
Related resources
February 26, 2011 6:55:06 AM

On the other hand, please tell me the situation in USA. Are all Core i processor owners waiting for the new 1155 socket MB's ? What guarantee can INTEL give us the new MB has no basic flaws ???
a b à CPUs
February 26, 2011 6:58:43 AM

Intel didn't take anything from you -- the reseller took the money from your pocket.

Your problem is not with Intel. It is with the reseller that won't give you your money back. Talk with the reseller about it -- call them on the phone. Maybe if you bug them enough, they'll make an exception for you.
February 26, 2011 7:05:54 AM

marius12a said:
Perhaps you're right, by I don't want to "work" with INTEL, I'm sick of them. I want to go AMD !! It's my right as citizen to do so !!!

Only a fool will choose outdated amd over cutting age intel.
February 26, 2011 7:10:21 AM

marius12a said:
On the other hand, please tell me the situation in USA. Are all Core i processor owners waiting for the new 1155 socket MB's ? What guarantee can INTEL give us the new MB has no basic flaws ???

You should be thankful to Intel that they acknowledged this issue and offered replacement so fast.If it was amd they would have never accepted it considering there financial situation.And the issue only affects sata 2 ports not sata 3 ports.If you had trouble with sata 3 ports then its the asus fault not intels.So just stop crying. :pfff: 
February 26, 2011 11:09:33 AM

No, they won't make ANY exception, the MILL IS GRINDING. Should I make the remark that the reseller SELLS INTEL products and give INTEL the factory price ? How it's possible that a such GIANT, INTEL, make such BIG MISTAKES ? To "throw" on the market a product without testing it - what sort of testing engineers do they have in there factories ? AMD will be a big fool not to make a profit from this BIG MISTAKE. For me, in spite of the pro-INTEL voices here, the INTEL chapter is closed.
February 26, 2011 11:14:16 AM

Yes, I must be thankful for THE FAVOR they made me recognizing THEIR FAULT ... are you kidding ??? I'VE NEVER THOUGHT that INTEL put guards on free forums. Man, THIS WORLD IS REALLY GOING DOWN, THE END IS NEAR.
February 26, 2011 11:21:10 AM

marius12a said:
Yes, I must be thankful for THE FAVOR they made me recognizing THEIR FAULT ... are you kidding ??? I'VE NEVER THOUGHT that INTEL put guards on free forums. Man, THIS WORLD IS REALLY GOING DOWN, THE END IS NEAR.

End is indeed near.2012 we all gonna perish. :sol: 
a b à CPUs
February 26, 2011 2:33:45 PM

Herr Hitler's guarantees guarantees nothing.Intel's guarantees are like Hitler's guarantees.In the end you will just be paying for $1,000 processors.
a b à CPUs
February 26, 2011 2:35:51 PM

marius12a said:
No, they won't make ANY exception, the MILL IS GRINDING. Should I make the remark that the reseller SELLS INTEL products and give INTEL the factory price ? How it's possible that a such GIANT, INTEL, make such BIG MISTAKES ? To "throw" on the market a product without testing it - what sort of testing engineers do they have in there factories ? AMD will be a big fool not to make a profit from this BIG MISTAKE. For me, in spite of the pro-INTEL voices here, the INTEL chapter is closed.

:sleep: 

You done ranting yet?

Quote:
How it's possible that a such GIANT, INTEL, make such BIG MISTAKES ?

How is it possible for anyone, any company, any government, any organization, ect thats big or small to make mistakes?

Simple answer, were all humans. You find me the perfect world of no one makes mistakes then i believe you that intel shouldn't make mistakes. Until then, you should expect mistakes from anything and anyone.

As for BIG MISTAKES? How many big mistakes did intel make that you want to talk about?

As of recently there only been 1 and that currently the Chipset issue.

but there recalls for that.

As for your ability not to be able return the cpu, as said thats a the store/guy that you bought the cpu from issue. Not intel's issue. If AMD had the same issue, you would be in no different position. It would be where ever you bought the cpu from issue and not AMD issue.

Quote:
AMD will be a big fool not to make a profit from this BIG MISTAKE.

Kinda slow on the news are we? ;) 

AMD has already reported that they been getting more business from intel's chipset problem.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Sandy-Bridge-Leslie-So...

Quote:
To "throw" on the market a product without testing it - what sort of testing engineers do they have in there factories

As for testing, tell me. When was the last time you ever heard of something coming clean from the testing stages to mass distribution?

Very very very rarely.

You can test stuff in small scale for many years with you thinking that you found all the bugs in something then when you start mass producing stuff, everything acts different. This applies to everything. Cars, Cpu, software, Shall i continue?

Intel testing procedures I would say is fairly high. Although even though they've done there testing, it wasn't until the OEM's started there testings that anyone was aware of the issue.

Overal, point is. it doesn't matter how big you are, how much resources you have, and how long and intense the testings are. Most of the time things are going to happen when you got from small scale testing to mass production. No matter if there good or bad.

Now, you can call me Pro intel all you want. I dont care. I have no preference to AMD or Intel. It is who ever got the right stuff i need for that moment in time. Like right now, i still need to rebuild my Intel Pentium 4 desktop that was running for 6 years until the PSU took the motherboard or cpu out.

With a tight budget and wanting performance, im right now looking at an AMD Athlon II x3 build for just under $200 U.S. of motherboard, cpu, ram, and a possibility of a needing a new dvd burner. With this tight of money, i cant even find a decent Intel build in the price range i need it at.

Overall, most people on this forum are not Pro or Anti AMD/Intel. They get what they need for the "job" for the "budget" they have. Some may need intel for the higher performance because of the apps they use (like rendering for a job. Time is money for them and faster cpu mean more work can get done. Thus more money for them), or AMD for being easy on the wallets when they dont need the performance (like web surfing or moderate gaming).
a b à CPUs
February 26, 2011 4:39:17 PM

Sounds more like you got a bad mobo. The SATA III connectors weren't part of the f-up. I'd blame god before Intel on that one. ;) 

You're going to miss your Sandy Bridge. =/
February 26, 2011 5:06:12 PM

I'll miiss my Sandy Bridge if I can sell it. Today the MB's seller took it, but they don't know if I can be reimbursed. For the time being they will "check" the MB.
In fact, I was urious to see an INTEL system IN ACTION (my previous systems were AMD, without exception) and now I'm seeing it IN INACTION.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
February 26, 2011 5:26:00 PM

marius12a said:

Sure it is your right to buy whatever you like, but once you do, you can't renegotiate after the fact and expect special privileges. You're an early adopter of the sandy brige cpu / 1155 mobo - early adopters are supposed to be enthusiasts who are willing to risk having to deal with issues. There's no guarantee that your bios or hardware will function without flaw when the 'fixed' mobos ship. If you didn't want to wait for the kinks to be worked out, you should have gone with the older platforms with established reputations.

If you just want to get out of intel (though you could easily have the same problems with AMD at some point), just take the financial hit and sell the processor on eBay. We all do stupid things and make mistakes. Live and learn.
February 26, 2011 5:42:48 PM

Thanks for your time, you have "armored" arguments here. Conclusion: I'll try to sell the system on our Ebay here and purchase an AMD system. In the last 20 years, the number of such "ERRORS" on our pockets skyrocketed (cars, washing machines and so on), it seems we can't control the technology (we are developing) anymore. It's far too complex for us. So let's give up ! Otherwise, December 2012 is the normal evolution of the mankind :) 
February 26, 2011 5:56:47 PM

As a "pioneer" user of the new Sandy Bridge "technology", I took the financial hit and learned a lot from this experience. You're right 100%. Hope to find somebody to buy my Sandy, otherwise bye-bye upgrade !

February 26, 2011 6:01:11 PM

For your information, I've "poured" more than 1300 euros in this missed "upgrade", so it's very serious for me. This is the reason I was so acid :) 
a b à CPUs
February 26, 2011 9:55:52 PM

lol

This thread is so funny.

I love how it's assumed that we're Intel's jack-booted secret police or something. Apparently in America the big companies like Intel need propoganda police and forum guards.

lol
a b à CPUs
February 27, 2011 12:40:06 AM

first off..never be the first to buy into a new chipset and cpu when it is released...unless you have lots of cash to spare!
second... if you do buy into the new chip and cpu expect problems..this always happens!
third...my E8400 will still play all my games at 1920x1200 with no lag!!!!!
nuf said..JQ
a b à CPUs
February 27, 2011 1:35:20 AM

Marius12a you need to calm down no one put a gun to your head and said buy the chip and board you got. So you spent some money on your rigg bIg deal we all do just wait for the motherboard to come around. I like to help people in the forum but it getting old hearing all these people crying cause they have to wait for a new motherboard. They need to change the forums to Sandy bridge CRY BABIES!! gets OLD.
February 27, 2011 3:36:56 PM

My "guilt" was, it seems, to choose a high end and new system. I have no other alternative, I'll wait for the new flawless socket 1155 MB.
On the other hand, it's true nobody forced me to buy this system, but in this case - complete failure of the MB - I expected to be reimbursed for this "Sandy Bridge" system. To oblige me to wait for the mew MB is more than unfair, it disqualifies the producer. A new PC is vital for me and now I'm blocked. I hope now my situation is crystal clear. Time is money !
February 27, 2011 3:39:16 PM

No gun indeed :) 
You can wait, I unfortunately can't !
a c 127 à CPUs
February 27, 2011 6:26:43 PM

marius12a said:
Hi there,

THE DEVIL put me make an upgrade and choose INTEL. So I bought an ASUS MB, with a P67 chipset. Also an Core i7 2600 processor. Now I can't use the PC, it's not a problem only with the SATA 2 ports, but also with the SATA 3 ones (the gray).
I will return the MB today and (I hope) have my money back, but what's happening with my Core i7 2600 processor ??? On the market there is now no MB for such a processor and I can't wait until the end of the world for INTEL to manufacture another flawed 1155 socket MB. I have no guarantee that the new MB won't be broken from the very beginning. So I will go AMD, but ... the processor seller told me they can't accept it back, because it wasn't called back by the producer. So I lost 350 euros for this bloody i7 and now I blocked my money without using it.
There is nothing we can do to OBLIGE INTEL to give us back the money for the 1155 socket processors ???
If not, I can promise to make a very good propaganda for INTEL. FOR ME, INTEL NEVERMORE !!! At least, this is what I can do. They took the money money from my pocket ...

Marius, Bucharest, ROMANIA, European Union

Um if its is an issue with the SATA 6.0 ports as well, then its a mobo issue. The Sata 6.0 ports have a seperate chip. No chipset has them integrated yet. So sad to say is that you just got a DOA mobo. It happens. Get over it. Not trying to be mean but you act as if Intel is targeting you to make your life miserable.

If anything get one of the P67 chips from gigabyte when they hit.

And its not that big a deal. Bugs happen. AMD has them, Intel has them and so does every other semi conductor out there.

Also, the new P67 chipset wont be defective.

Thank you and have a nice day.
February 27, 2011 9:57:51 PM

Quote:
just when you advertise on ebay to do it right THE EBAY WAY: 4X 3.4GHZ : 13.6GHZ I5

4X 3.4GHZ : 13.6GHZ I5 -it's I7 not I5...so: 4X 3.4GHZ : 13.6GHZ I7 Ha Ha Ha ..!

1300 euro in RO is not pocket change so i understand your stress Marius, just get over it and wait for a new motherboard. It would be a waste to lose that CPU just because you got mad.
a c 127 à CPUs
February 28, 2011 12:04:57 AM

Quote:
The Sata III ports are fine. What kind of idiot is the OP?

He might have gooten a DOA mobo. One that had a flaw somewhere. Happens. Its sad but it happens.

Quote:
Intel make key chains with the cpus that failed the tests. Amd make triple cores and dual cores out of them

No they do the same as AMD only normally they don't have as many fail on the core so they cut the cache or down clock it. Plus the ones that do have bad cores normally do because they are at the edge of the wafer where its normal and its not worth trying to salvage those and sell.
March 1, 2011 5:21:19 AM

See here :http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-s-defective-Sandy-Br...

Quote "According to Shimpi, the metal-oxide layer of the PLL transistor for the 3Gbit/s circuit was constructed too thin. Depending on the age of the layer, the temperature it's exposed to over time and the voltage applied, the clock generator can—in extreme cases—prematurely stop working. "

Can you imagine ? If the guys from INTEL can' t correctly calculate THE THICKNESS of one (layer) MO transistor, it's bad, very bad ! They have no experience in the MO-transistor type manufacturing ??

MO = metal-oxide
!