Sign in with
Your question

What heatsink/fan to use with a Six Core?

Last response: in CPUs
February 26, 2011 8:08:20 AM

I have recently purchased the Thuban Black edition 6 core from amazon only to figure out it doesn't come with the heatsink or fan :(  I looked all around and couldn't really put my finger on the compatible one. Can you please try to find an average fan/easy to install heatsink(like pop in). I won't pay more than 30 bucks for it. I know I am a little cheap but I am tight on cash. Here are my components:

ATI 5770
PSU: rocket fish 500 W
8 gigs ddr3 ram
ASUS 890GX mobo
AMD Phenom II x6 Thuban Black edition 3.2 Ghz

More about : heatsink fan core

February 26, 2011 8:26:19 AM

What a coincidence. I was actually looking at that one a few minutes ago. Thanks for the fast reply. Now I gotta say, I am not that great at installing things but is this one an easy one. This is because I am switching to the 6 core and that requires a new MOBO which is a pain in the neck to install along with the cpu itself.
m
l
Related resources
February 26, 2011 8:44:40 AM

The videos don't say anything about AM3. When they say AM2 do they also mean AM3?
m
l
February 26, 2011 8:57:34 AM

Nevermind the AM3 thing. It said it was compatible. If I go to the amazon page and scroll down, it says that the highest supported cpu is amd phenom II x4. I was wondering if it also worked with the x6's.
m
l
!