Feb 26, 2011
My specs:
Asus P7H55D-M Evo
Core i5 760
4Gb Kingmax (2xDDR3 1333)
ATI Radeon HD 5570
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Service pack 1

CPU normal: 40-45 degree (Celsius), HDD: 38-40

Today when I check with SpeedFan, It's about 55-60. Is that normal for my CPU? My HDD is still 39.

I think Service Pack 1 is the reason.

Can anyone help me? BTW, Is that a stupid build for gaming pc? Sorry for my bad English.

Solution

Hi nofear2161 :hello: ...I think your system is O.K. & there ain't really anything wrong with it :) ...Posts will come up & say that you ain't got enough ram for a x64 bit operating system & sure if you want to you can add twice as much ram ;) ,but I would stick with what you have until you feel like upgrading or making a totally new...

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008

Hi nofear2161 :hello: ...I think your system is O.K. & there ain't really anything wrong with it :) ...Posts will come up & say that you ain't got enough ram for a x64 bit operating system & sure if you want to you can add twice as much ram ;) ,but I would stick with what you have until you feel like upgrading or making a totally new gaming system ;) ...For a start your cpu normal bit is quite high if it is idling at 40-45 degree celsius...What kind of cpu cooler have you got & also is it securely fastened to the backplate to make a tight bond so the thermal paste will work properly :pt1cable: ...Also check staight away that the cpu cooler is not loose & also tighten up any screws that you can or pull it apart & replace it as tight as you can :) ....My suggestion is only if your cpu is idling at 40-45 degrees celsius ;) ...I have had in the past problems with my LGA775 pc when I updated to SP2 on my x32 bit vista ultimate system :pt1cable: ...It did cause my ram meter on my gadget bar to be at a higher number or meter reading :pt1cable: ...

Solution

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Your mainboard is above the average for a Asus board & in the price range is usually higher than the asus pro range & you have a nice ATI radeon graphic card as well...Windows 7 x64 will give you good gaming & 4 GB's maybe a little low,but if you want you can add at least twice as much...

nofear2161

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

I'm using CoolerMaster Vortex Plus (It's said that that heatsink is for HTPC but I use it for game :( I'm really noob)
My CPU usage is about 52% when I surfing on internet. It's about 25%-30% when I start Window (NOD32 run as startup). Is that normal? :(

P/s: I really appreciate your help and I also need to improve my English too :wahoo:. You guy is really kind and nice.