Crashing(no AHHH)

Igel

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2001
i crash in UT, Q3, Sacrifice(big surprise there, heh). and im sure it would crash in MDK2 and B&W if i had them installed =)

im running radeon 32 ddr 600athlon 256 pc100 SB live Xgamer. ive tried the beta and recommended driver from ATI with noe diff and im on DX8 of course. i also just got done reinstalling winblowsME and the games seem to crash more after the reinstall and cleaner HD & registery...
the Q3 crashes are the freeze and repeat sound or just freeze. the UT ones are crashes to the desktop. and sacrifice is also crash 2 desktop.
i fear it might be the SB live cuz i never remember UT crashing more than 2 or 3 times before i was using the new sound card. im gonna go look and see if there are any new drivers for any of my hardware(including windows update- i know, its that bad).
(i dont get many winblows errors that often at all but when it does it seems to always be the kernal 32 stuff witch is like a traidmark or something i guess)

it would seem to be that it has to be the soundcard cuz 2 D3D games and 1 openGL does not point a finger at the vid card i would think. am i right in assuming that? anyone know anything that might have to do with SB live based card cousing general crashes/probs? radeon is a stable card right? should i just keep asking till i run out of things to ask? whats the fill rate on my vid card?(NM ill go look that up=)

FiberTech

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2001
You might want to check and make sure you don't have any IRQ conflicts. I ran into problems with my sound board and video board sharing the same IRQ. I ended up moving my sound board from slot 2 to slot 3. It did the trick. Hope this is of some use...

<b>Nothing is more dangerous than stupid people in large numbers</b>

Igel

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2001
i dont see any probs when looking at their resources but ill try switching it anyway and see if anything changes.

Igel

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2001
JINKIE i havent done a full on 4 hr quake night but things seem to be much more stable than before moving the card.. last time i buy a cheap mobo me thinks =)