About the p67 CPU & the released fix B3 chipset!

binoyski

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
How would we know if our p67 cpus & the corresponding p67 motherboards that have the new fixed B3 chipset is manufactured from the ground up? Did they manufacture new MOBOS or they just removed & replaced the chipset that is on the MOBOS that they have since before & after the launch of the P67 when the problem was discovered? I ask this because of my concern on the "quality" of the MOBOS if they just replaced them. We don't want the motherboards having or some issues cropping up in the future.

I wish Tom's Hardware will contact motherboard makers to help clarify this issue on how they went about fixing the chipset!

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008

Hi binoyski :hello: ...For a start it is only the motherboards that had the faulty cougar chipset :pt1cable: ...The core i7 processor range did not have any defects at all ;) ...The motherboards/mainboards with the new B3 stepping cougar chipsets should have the new revision number for that mainboard ;) ...For example instead of reading rev.1.0 ,it will have rev.1.1 or 2.0 or anything other than the rev.1.0 ;) ...Have a nice day :) ...