Need some help asap

albop

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2008
hi this evening when i turned my pc on nothing happend on the screen no signal it displayed on the monitor so i checked all cables , tried again still nothing so i tried a old monitor i have and still not getting a signal what could the problem be ?

albop

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2008
thanks for the reply , tried turning it off and back on no beeps or anything i here the fans and hardddrive ect . to tell you the truth i dont know if it ever made a beep

You can try to re-plug all the cables from/to your motherboard, re-seat CMOS battery and booting without RAM, if all the things above are fails then it's more likely you have a bad board...

albop

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2008
what does re-seat cmos battery mean just tak it out and then put it back in? wil i have to change anything after that

albop

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2008
ok i have opened the machine vacumed any dust off everything , that did'nt work i have tried th monitor on my brothers pc it worked first time , then i put his video card into my machine still nothing . can any 1 else think what else it could be its driving me crazy , theres a green light on the mobo if that makes any diffrence

albop

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2008
iv tried rep-seating everything also got a new problem the graphics card i used out my brothers pc after i put it back in his pc hes now not getting any sound over hdmi why is that?

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
Looking more and more like a power problem. You may have damaged your brothers GPU by plugging it into your system and trying to run it without enough power.

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
Not quite, it could be damaged in many different ways, you could have damaged the pathways that control the audio signal only. Best bet would be to try reseating the card and looking into the software config to determine if something happened to your brother's settings to stop the audio from working.