EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005)

I keep getting this error msg when trying to load pogo word games, I cannot then see profiles or highest scores. please tell me how to fix this. i have already uninstalled java and reinstalled the latest version, but it has not helped
3 answers Last reply
More about exception_access_violation 0xc0000005
  1. Sounds like it's trying to access the internet and it cant. Go into your firewall and allow this program access to the internet.

You may have to create a special out bound/inbound rule indicating that this program can access the internet on a specific port. This is more involved.

What operating system are you using.
  2. Thx very mnuch for replying. Windows 7. I have allowed access to the pogo site but then saw that pogo specifically state that this will not work with their site - the pop up blocker has to be totally turned off at source.

It is turned it off at Tools and always used to work. But I have had the prob for several months now.
    I cannot restore to a suitable earlier point because my laptop was repaired and I only have recent restore points available now.

What is mystifying is that occasionally it works first time, sometimes not. Also logging off or restarting usually gives me access but sometimes i need to repeat that 2 or 3 times. I can get access to profiles and highest scores by clicking control and alt together but it is much more inconvenient than having immediate access as I used to do.

I am not aware of any change that has been made to my laptop to make it develop this fault. pogo used to have a pop up blocker and a java test on their site and my laptop passed both yet still I had this fault. So their support told me to uninstall java using revo and to reinstall, which I have done. prob persists.

I get a msg saying that java is uptodate and correct yet still get these error violation pid msgs about 70% of the time that I try to play the word games.

many thx for your interest.
  3. The Access_Violation is referring to memory access, meaning that some variable is attempting to reference a memory location that is not valid.

These exceptions are almost always programming errors [usually of the "Oops, I didn't initilize my pointer variable properly" type...]. I would guess its a pogo problem if anything...
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Windows 7