On a Budget Motherboard?

slimeysly

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Hi i will be building a new mobo for the second time, the usb ports died in the 1 have currently built which latest for about 2 years so am happy since it was a cheap mobo, but it was also an sli mobo, now after gaining more knowledge in building pcs, i now know i don't need since am not an hardcore gamer, i only play football manager and didn't really enjoy it on the first pc i built since i used old parts of my old pc when i built it so i only had a pentium 4 processor

What i want since am still not sure when it comes to mobos is a very good 1 that is less than 100 pounds that uses the cheapest quad core available to buy.

Thanks

slimeysly

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Hi, basically,i want a very good mobo that will last for a while since i wont be playing any hardcore games on it, that i can fit in a very good processor either the best duo core or the cheapest quad, i was only looking to buy a processor before but the usbs ports died on my P5N-ESLI mobo, should i jus buy the same mobo again?

mianmars

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
So your r gona buy a mobo and processor both arent u? or r u just buying another mobo for same old processor, if only mobo then which processor do u have right now?

slimeysly

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
well have been told a mobo doesn't have to be very expensive and even 1 that is less than 100 pounds is ok, is that true? but when it comes to processors, i looking to spend up to 150 pounds but will be looking for cheap and maybe used 1s b4 i think of buying a brand new 1

slimeysly

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
i dload movies, music etc the majority of the time, but i do play a game called football manager which is not very enjoyable with my pentium 4, the more leagues and competitions you load up, the the slower the game gets, so i just want to be able to load up the amount of leagues nd competitions and still run on full speed

Lutfij

Titan
i was only looking to buy a processor before but the usbs ports died on my P5N-ESLI mobo, should i jus buy the same mobo again?
:O For the love of god, don't buy that crap again...it'll just die out on you. The first mistake was getting the P5N-E SLi board with a dual core CPU. Its excusable since you didn't know about that...

Slimeysly - the Second mistake you'll make is getting any Corsair memory within the XMP series. I've been around long enough on Tom's to learn that the Corsair's XMS series were so dodgy that people thought it was the mobo acting up - resulting in an RMA. A further insight revealed bad timings adjustments even from mobo BIOS.

BTW for mianmars - the XMP is mean't for INTEL boards NOT amd builds.

This Corsair Dominator GT will solve your ram problem and keep your budget intact (save the delivery charge)

and if you have a lil extra cash to spend then get this OCZ Black Edition

Where are my manner, Welcome to the forums Slimeysly!

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Also, what power supply are you using? May want to upgrade to a good unit so that your new parts do not go out, one of the best things to help your pc is to get stable, clean voltage to your components.

slimeysly

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
I have more knowledge when it comes to power supply, i was only struggling when it came to mobos nd cpus because there are so many types out there lol, but thanks anyway

slimeysly

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Update guys is just got the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO instead of the 1 that was suggested, what do you think guys? did i waste my money or should i cancel the order and buy the 1 that was suggested? i was thinking of buying the M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 version but then i taught its just a usb port, yes might be faster but a noob like me would prob not notice anything different lol

Lutfij

Titan
^ wonderfully thought out question and execution!

the one you got now is GREAT for an amd mobo. Solid build and good features. The latter is just an additional USB port...and from what you've figured out - you don't need it. When you do , however, need it you'll need the USB3 port when you'll have USB3 media to work with :D and judgiung from your replies...you have neither...correct?

TRENDING THREADS