Sign in with
Your question
Solved

$500 Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
December 1, 2010 12:59:24 AM

will be getting it the till 6th or 7th of december
mostly gaming , except that the usual movies and internet
so i am going in for a new pc, i made a sort of quotation, which over budgeted , and i then had to postpone of getting the pci express card later to january
my configurations are..
Processor: i5 processor 760 or 650
Mobo: P7H55D-M PRO 760 2.80ghz
PSU: CM eXtreme power 600W
Harddisk: Seagate 1tb hdd
Ram: Corsair ddr 3 2gb
Chasis: Cm gladiator 600 or Antec 300

Current Location: Karachi: PK

so i need a little advice , am i going right with the configs and all? i didnt wanted to go for quad atm, cause i thought going in for i5 is more future promising then going for a quad with asus p5qpl mobo.. i will get the pci express card, which will probably GTX 460 or Ati 5830 or 5770!
Help me please? :)  thankyou!
going with windows 7 os!

More about : 500 gaming

December 1, 2010 1:13:42 AM

The i5-7xx chips are quad core, and very nice CPUs - the 650 is dual core, so get the 760.

Is there a reason why you are getting a micro-ATX board instead of an ATX?

I recommend getting the best case you can, because it does not wear out and will last through multiple builds.

2GB of RAM is minimum for Windows 7.
m
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
December 1, 2010 1:28:35 PM

With such tight budget: hit it where it counts so if i were u i'd start with as much GPU horsepower i could afford, a capable 80+ PSU and work bakwards towards chip+ board

The Game Rundown: Finding CPU/GPU Bottlenecks, Part 2
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/game-performance-bo...
Quote:
Conclusion: A Trend Toward 3+ Cores

The average optimal number of CPU cores suggested by the test results is 2.75, showing a clear trend towards at least three CPU cores.The question of whether the CPU or GPU is most important is easily answered. If you don't have a multi-core CPU, then upgrade it. If you have a dual-core CPU at around 3 GHz, then invest your money into a graphics card, as most games are GPU-limited. This is not something that will change with new DirectX 11 games.

Related resources
December 1, 2010 11:00:57 PM

@ eloric:
okay, done with the processor.. nope no specific reason, i was just searching for mobo's which were compatible with i5, and then this board came up, which was also under my budget.. is there any reason why i shud consider a atx board instead of micro?
btw what do you think of my build? is it worth it? :s

@batuchka:
thats the second pc i am making in 4months, i already have i7 with a board, i just needed one more pc.. and i thought 500$ would work around, as far as ram is concerned, dont worry about it.. i have a couple ddr 1 rams at home :p  will sell em out, and if i get enough money out of it, i iwll get a another 2gb ram :)  and 80+? or 800+? psu? and i can wait for like one month, for the graphic card, maybe till then i hope the prices go down, so i can get a even more good card, 1gb @ 256bits, as compared to now , i know gtx460 isnt good enough and doesnt has much horsepower.. so i always thought of getting an ati! can you guide me? or help me with this build? what shud i exclude or include? and by my way of thinking, for this pc, 600psu is enough? isnt it?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 1, 2010 11:35:30 PM

Depending how how soon you get your new hardware, I would suggest waiting for SB, which comes out January.

But if PK is a step behind, I would actually look for the AMD Phenoms, a X4 955 with a HD6870 (if you can find one), with a quality 500W+ PSU would work great for your needs and probably stay pretty close within budget.
m
l
December 4, 2010 5:10:16 AM

Timop said:
Depending how how soon you get your new hardware, I would suggest waiting for SB, which comes out January.

But if PK is a step behind, I would actually look for the AMD Phenoms, a X4 955 with a HD6870 (if you can find one), with a quality 500W+ PSU would work great for your needs and probably stay pretty close within budget.

well, onething i can tell you very clearly, PK is really far behind by technology basis, specially related to pc stuff, even if you are some how able to acquire the info to where a particular new stuff is available its pretty expensive, the other ways would be of through shipping or paypal, but again theres a duty to pay it which is not cheap, then another thing is asking a importer to bring a particular thing for you.. he takes upto 2-3 weeks and charges you with 10-12%.. so its of no use..
nah i had bad experiences with amd in the past, i would not like to go with amd for sure, between the specs i mentioned are under my budget , theres just a difference of 200 PKR which are approximately 3$ so its no bigie :) 

can you tell me whats SB? :S
m
l
April 12, 2011 7:12:21 PM

Best answer selected by dreadlord.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
April 12, 2011 7:24:09 PM

wow...blast from the past!
m
l