Computer Freezing, even after a reinstall.

fuzmaster

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
My other computer started to slow down for while and soon started to freeze randomly. I noticed that it started to freeze from 30mins to an hour after boot. I then reinstalled windows 7, updated it, and installed all my programs again, but it still kept freezing. I did it again, with nothing installed, basically clean as can be, and it still freezes after 30 mins. Could somebody help me with this dilemma. I have a feeling it might be the hard drive.

Note: It just freezes, no BSOD, no black screen, nothing.

The PSU is acceptable and it shouldn't be the issue. Check to make sure that the system is clean. Does it have a discrete video card?

endyen

Splendid
It could be a heat issue.
Turn the computer off, @ the back switch, then take the side off, and look at the fins beneath the cpu fan. If they seem to have a lot of dust on them, take the screws out that hold the fan on, and use a paint brush to clean the fins, Use alcohol and a cotton swab to wipe down the fan blades as well.
If you have a vacuum cleaner that blows, use it ti blow all those dust bunnies out of the case as well.
You might want to check the gfx card (where installed) as well.
Since you have the case open, check the capacitors near the cpu. Are any leaking? Are the tops rounded at all. Either situation means the motherboard is toast.
Good luck.

fuzmaster

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

We cleaned it out, and it still won't, but we figured we just buy a new computer, we were due for a new one anyway