kevin1410

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
hello. I do have a question. I want to know if the core i5 750 is just acting its normal performance when rendering, compressing, extracting archive files and when loading games/applications.

here is my specs anyway

core i5 750
msi h55-gd65
2gb DDR3
80GB Seagate Barracuda 5000 RPM
XFX 5770
thermaltake 500W

also, forgot to mention. while converting, I was monitoring each cores that performs. THEY ARE NOT REACHING 100% all of them and the convertion time takes tooooooooo looooooong.... lets say. a 2.5 GB avi into mpeg1. it should be takes less than a minute or more right? but what I was monitored is takes less than 5 minutes.. yeah hell yeah.. so i was wondering if it is a normal operation or there is some hardwares than controlling the performance of the whole system a.k.a BOTTLENECK

thanks for the replies.

The cores don't reach 100% because they don't need to. Most likely the application cannot work any faster. Also, if the application is not multi-core aware, one core may be maxed out while the others are idling. Nothing you can do about that.

kevin1410

Distinguished
May 5, 2010

thanks for the information sir. :bounce: so my processor is just performing normally.

kevin1410

Distinguished
May 5, 2010

sir, i thought so it could be also the possibilities. but I will try to upgrade this two as soon as possible. :bounce: