Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
December 1, 2010 1:39:36 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: 1-2 weeks

Budget Range: $400

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Home Videos/Photo Editing, Backup files from other PCs in house, Serve Video & Music to other Devices, Internet, Video Streaming, Gaming is least important right now

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, hard drives, and Win 7 OS. I have a Dell 2408 24" Monitor & 2 WD20EARS 2TB Drives. The drives have the Win 7 OS on it now from an older PC that I will move over.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg

Country of Origin: US

Parts Preferences: none

Overclocking: Maybe in Future

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200

Additional Comments: Would like it to be somewhat quiet

------------------------------------------------------------

This is what i am currently looking at

AMD Phenon II X4 955 BE Deneb 3.2GHz $145

Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H $110 w/ $10 Rebate

A-Data Gaming Series 4GB DDR 1600 $55

Rosewill Destroyer ATX Case $40

OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W PSU $65 w/ $15 Rebate

Lite-on 24x DVD Writer $22

TOTAL w/ Shipping: $443

I know that the CPU is probably overkill right now, but the Phenon II X4 appeals to me for down the road and I like to squeeze out the very best parts for my budget. I probably can get away with a Athlon II X4 which I may do in order to get the video card now as oppose to waiting down the road. Probably makes more sense to go with a Athlon II X4 and use the price difference to go to a video card. Right?

Newegg has bad combo deals today (Dec 1st), they had better ones at the end of Nov. it seemed.

So what does everyone think?

More about : feedback 400 500 build

December 1, 2010 1:48:53 PM

Just wanted to add that I would luv to substitute the AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz - C3 Revision for the AMD Phenon II X4 955 BE Deneb 3.2GHz and save the $55 if I know for sure I could unlock the extra cores for my video work I would like to do.

Any thoughts?
m
l
December 1, 2010 1:48:56 PM

If u looking for juicier combos to pop up await a couple of days cos we just entered new mth ^^
m
l