PC in sleep mode....more like dead mode(HELP)

Tosen

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Well, PC specs:

Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4 ghz
4gb ddr3 1033 MHz ram
570 gtx video card
890xa-ud3 motherboard GIGABYTE
700 WATTS ocz

Problem is, I put my PC in sleep mode(because I went to took a shower) so when I'm back I press the power button on top of my PC and it wont turn on.

The power supply is not the problem definitely, this power supply never ever gave me any sort of problem, always had my pc ON(didn't matter if it was homework or intense video gaming). It never shut down. I even took out the video card and it wont turn on either.

So I was reading that taking off the cmos battery and put it again might solve the problem but no, it didn't solve it.

So any idea? I also waited for 1 hour before pressing the power button but no hope.

and yes, I'm getting enough energy because my ps3 turns on without a problem, and both ps3 and PC are connected to same regulator.

Tosen

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
I went through that whole guide and everything is fine, I uninstalled the power supply and went and plugged directly into the wall, turned the on switch and it didn't turn on. I also have a ps3 plugged directly into the same wall and it does power up.

I even tried a replacement power supply directly into the wall and it doesn't turn on.

I mean....can a power supply DIE just from putting the PC in sleep mode? come on...

I even replaced the CMOS battery and same problem.

Are you trying the psu with out plugging it into the motherboard? The main connector needs to detect that it is plugged in. Alternate method http://www.overclock.net/faqs/96712-how-jump-start-power-supply-psu.html
Last time I lost a PSU the computer was not on, only found out that it would not turn on and eventually found out that the PSU was dead by plugging in a spare that I have and tested with the alternate method above.

Tosen

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
I tried it in an old psu and looks like it's dead, haven't tried that on the one installed in the PC.

Im going to a pc center this morning and trying it with a cooler master 1000 watts silent pro PSU...they have it on sale for $140 with taxes so I might grab it.