Pentium 4 Northwood- I need help...

TheAnonymity

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
I have an ECS M930LR motherboard, 1GB of DDR RAM, 100/133MHz FSB, and a 2.8GHz Pentium 4 Northwood- Or is it?

No, for some strange reason, CPU-Z says it's speed is 1.4 GHz, but the specification says it's 2.8GHz! What's with that?

How do I get it to run the full 2.8 GHz because it'd help with BF2.

G

I've got an old P4 2.6Ghz Northwood (that I no longer use). When you check your system info in your control panel, it says the correct chip, but a slower speed, right? If I recall correctly, it will run faster or slower based on need.

Oh, and as for BF2....I used to play America's Army (the min system requirements are probably similar) and my pc was having a bit of trouble running the game. I upgraded my graphics card and my cpu in 2006 to an e6300 Core 2 Duo Conroe and had no more problems. You should probably think about an upgrade if you can pull a few dollars together.

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006

You obviously put an 800fsb cpu in a mobo that can only hand 400/533 fsb cpus.
see also:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/262641-28-8ghz-running-4ghz-dell-dimension-4500

you could try overclock the FSB, but you wont be able to get it to 2.8 if what DXrick says is true. You seriously need a full system upgrade. People are throwing away athlon 64 systems these days (i recently aquired 3 of them) if you live in Australia near me id happily give you one and you can play BF2 to your hearts content.