Sign in with
Your question

Another noob for a budget new build

Last response: in Systems
December 1, 2010 4:18:04 PM

Hi guys planning 2 get a new PC that could be a decent gaming rig without burnin my pocket...my plan is to get an amd based pc as intel seems 2 expensive despite the price for performance thingy
...zeroed down to get a AMD PhenomII 965 BE, MSI radeon 5770 thinking 2 make it X-fire in near future...
need help deciding the MoBo..the forum helped understand diff b/w 890FX and GX..but couldn't make out the diff b/w M4A89TD PRO and M4A89GTD PRO
kindly elaborate technically and in simple cause effect manner....
Also plz giv me ur best recommendations on RAM, PSU, coolers and cabinet...and do suggest if i'm wrong with anything that i've stated above.
In short tryin 2 make a build that can make the best out of ddr3 with usb 3.0 and hopefully X-Fire....like every pauper tryin 2 make an economic rig lolzz...

Also I live in India where technology is either not available or not affordable at earliest.

Thanx in advance.

More about : noob budget build

December 2, 2010 3:10:35 AM

^ No offence, but why do you cut short on words ?
As for the PC
Mobo - The M4A89TD PRO has 890FX chipset and the M4A89GTD PRO has 890GX chipset...

Here is a build that would be economical as well as has options for Crossfire and USB 3.0

CPU - Get the 955 if cheaper as you can easily set it to run at 965's speeds by just a increase in multiplier

Mobo -
Check these boards if they are available
MSI 890GXM-G65
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
Asrock 890GX Extreme3

This board if available would be cheaper and still offer x8x8 Crossfire
ASRock 870 EXTREME3

RAM - 2x 2GB from Corsair/ GSKillz/ Mushkin(their Silverline are pretty cheap) should do...

CASE - If you want a decent case, then NZXT Gamma would be a very good option...

PSU - If you want to go Crossfire, then get atleast 650W+ from Corsair/ Seasonic/ Silverstone/ Antec EA or TP series/ PCP&S

HDD - Samsung F3 would be very good

GPU - Check even the 6850 if available as in Crossfire, they scale very well and offer very good performance...
December 2, 2010 4:14:25 PM

@gkay09 thanks for the reply..about the short hand messages just bad texting habits...thanks very much for them motherboard options...will see what is viable for me....6850 costs about 12.5k INR and by tower budgets a modest 40k INR...so i'll propbably have to think about it for another day...will try to give a follow up once i get my rig... cheers
Related resources
December 3, 2010 1:37:03 AM

Hmm 40K Rupees is about $885 USD and accounting for prices and no combos i would say at the very least a HD 6850 crossfire capable config ^^
December 3, 2010 5:27:03 PM

@batuchka sounds logical enough..i'll try to check out the difference in reality if any...another thing is I'm using my old CRT monitor which only has a maximum resolution of 1280x1024 and its gonna be a couple of months before I get a new one...am I gonna face any incompatibility in this transit period?
December 4, 2010 3:30:33 AM

Nope as long as it comes with a VGA/DVI port @ rear it's all good
!