Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help to choose keyboard & mouse

Last response: in Components
Share
February 27, 2011 9:29:08 AM

Hello all!

I am about to buy new keyboard and mouse, although I don't really know which one to pick. And of course I am not really familiar with the wireless keyboards or either mice. Therefore I decided to ask the community, which one would you advice to buy?

So far I have used A4Tech mouse X-718BF which has been actually the best mouse I had, therefore I was considering going for A4Tech as well for the mouse, although I am not sure, maybe you have any better offers?

And about the keyboard, I'd say that I haven't really used any good ones, just some random ones what usually come with the PCs.

Waiting for the help and thanks as well!

More about : choose keyboard mouse

February 27, 2011 9:31:01 AM

Oh and forgot to mention I will be using it for watching movies, gaming and so on... whatever it's possible to do with PC. :D 
m
0
l

Best solution

February 27, 2011 2:59:15 PM

Mouse Logitech MX 518 = a no brainer
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Been using the original version for 6+ years ,indestructible and still functions like the day i bought it.

Keyboard - Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Doesn't look like much but is probably the best overall kb i've ever used.
Built like a tank and does everything well.5+ years

Both units are built to last and i've never had an issue with either after years of use.
Makes a great low budget gaming combo.
No surprise NCIX sells these two units as a combo.
Share
Related resources
February 28, 2011 9:16:28 AM

This Logitech mouse has like 1800 DPI but A4Tech ones have like 3000 DPI, that's why I guess I rather like more sensitive mouse. But keyboard looks great. Any more opinions?
m
0
l
February 28, 2011 9:35:11 AM

Hi,
Answer me these questions three... What is your budget? What is the size of your hands? What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow... : )>

the reason I ask about your hands is because if you're anything like me and have mugo huge hands, I caution you to stay away from "compact" keyboards...

some good brands to look at in the mean time are Logitech, Razor (though I've heard they've been a point of contention here), Saitek (which is actually Mad Catz... but they make good stuff), Micro$oft, and I've actually had some luck with Rosewill...
m
0
l
February 28, 2011 5:14:14 PM

Rensu said:
This Logitech mouse has like 1800 DPI but A4Tech ones have like 3000 DPI, that's why I guess I rather like more sensitive mouse. But keyboard looks great. Any more opinions?

I use a MX 518v1 that's 1600dpi and a Razer DeathAdder 3500dpi for gaming and notice no advantage whatsoever with higher dpi.
I find higher sensitivity unuseable tbh.
And your mouse is 2000dpi btw.
http://www.x7.cn/en/product.asp?id=16
m
0
l
February 28, 2011 8:24:25 PM

ironic_sobriquet said:
Hi,
Answer me these questions three... What is your budget? What is the size of your hands? What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow... : )>

the reason I ask about your hands is because if you're anything like me and have mugo huge hands, I caution you to stay away from "compact" keyboards...

some good brands to look at in the mean time are Logitech, Razor (though I've heard they've been a point of contention here), Saitek (which is actually Mad Catz... but they make good stuff), Micro$oft, and I've actually had some luck with Rosewill...

I guess I am not going for the cheapest one but as well I am not going for like €100 one. :D  So between that. And my hands are somewhat medium size and default keyboards are working for me pretty fine.

Quote:
I use a MX 518v1 that's 1600dpi and a Razer DeathAdder 3500dpi for gaming and notice no advantage whatsoever with higher dpi.
I find higher sensitivity unuseable tbh.
And your mouse is 2000dpi btw.
http://www.x7.cn/en/product.asp?id=16

What I wanted to say is that I was planning to buy this one, which is even 3600:
http://www.x7.cn/en/product.asp?id=48
m
0
l
February 28, 2011 8:25:24 PM

And what's the difference between Laser and Optical, I mean is there a big difference? Mainly used only optical ones.
m
0
l
March 7, 2011 1:39:35 PM

Best answer selected by Rensu.
m
0
l
!