Did I buy a bad motherboard?

gotbeefinyotaco

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Putting together my first desktop, a budget desktop for general use not gaming, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157197&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_- when I purchased it the price was $81.99.

I have already purchased it but since read bad reviews about the brand ASRock for motherboards. I am not very computer savvy so If anyone could tell me why it's bad or recommend an alternative for around the same price I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
AsRock is a pretty good brand, it is the Budget brand of ASUS.

If you are only using it for normal use and are not OCing for example then that board will be fine.

In my opinion keep the board.

Timop

Distinguished
^ASrock is the "sister company" to Asus, not the budget brand. Its actually pretty independent from Asus, and simply targets a different market.

ASRock is actually great, every company has bad reviews (Asus has PLENTY if you just search) but ASrock is actually one of the better ones. Besides the fact that some of their Mobos looks pretty bad compared to ASUS/MSI models, their feature set is usually unrivaled for the price.

If it works just fine, there is absolutely no point in returning it for an Asus/MSI/Gigabyte etc.

TRENDING THREADS