New build, Music Production/Gaming - Advice needed

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 1, 2010 11:06:07 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Q1 2011

Budget Range: approx £1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Music production (Pro Tools), gaming (Crysis-esque level games))

Parts Not Required: Pretty much need everything

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: For example - overclockers.co.uk

Country of Origin: England

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: Based on research only, Intel i5/i7 cpu, Asus P7P55D-E or Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 Mobo (note, this is very loosely based on research, open for discussion). ATI or Nvidia GPU, GTX 460 looking quite attractive to me.

Overclocking: Most likely

SLI or Crossfire: Want the option to use for example 1 GTX 460 and add another 460 down the line, would this be SLI ?

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080? Looking at a Benq 22" monitor atm, open to suggestion

Additional Comments: I would like to build this PC myself (I am not a complete novice), also as I will be using this PC for audio creation I would like to know from what I have listed above that I will be able to run software like Pro Tools handling audio recording without any hang-ups at all with very smooth performance. Will be probably be using a USB Mbox as an external interface so I won't need an internal sound card right?

Finally, I have read that having multiple HDD's is important. For example OS on a SSD and another large space hard drive just for recording audio to.

Note: Some of my suggestions or questions may be totally absurd or stupid, feel free to correct me as I'm learning :D , cheers.

More about : build music production gaming advice needed

December 2, 2010 12:31:36 AM

Purchase Date is Q1 next year so you should wait for intel new CPU's and GPU's from AMD which will be available by early January, by then u can properly select and calculate components accordingly.

About the SSD you have read it right. Others will help u in monitor selection.
m
l
December 2, 2010 5:12:20 PM

Thanks for the reply, didn't know new CPU's were coming out that soon. But, as they will be new won't they be really top of the price line? cheers
m
l
December 2, 2010 5:27:06 PM

Nope they wont b, they are replacing the current line of processor not just a single high end processor.
m
l
!