Splicing psu cables

lynmachine

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
ok i am going from a small accer aspire x1200 case to a haf 912 and the psu is good but i need longer psu cables for cable managment so far i spliced and made longer the 20+4 pin, sata cables (adding 2 only need 2),4 pin cpu and 4 pin molex but i have no 6 pin pci conecters built in to the psu what im asking is what cabels can i splice to add a 2x pci connecter if i can it is a single rail psu plz help anyone

all the splicing whent good no issue comp works fine so i know what im doing i just need to know if anyone can tell me where i can splice a 6 pin pci connecter in or if i need to solder it to the psu board if i do where at plz help ty any info i can give you just ask

Lynmachine

ps case is bought and on the way

lynmachine

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
i have already spliced all wires and im on the comp ive done it to runs like i never did a thing what im asking is there a way to put a 6pin pci on the 12v rail if there is a way plz let me know i am going to do it anyway i can just looking for sugestions on how to do so the hardwhere in it does not matter to me at all im replacing all of it anyway with better in about 4-5 weeks but want to do this for myself as a project