Computer build help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djc56us

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
after customizing a new computer at the hp store online, the gaming computer with a i950 processor and 12gb memory is cheaper than the i5 setup after adding blue ray writer, ect. i'm not a gamer. will a gaming pc work well for serious multi tasker?

Solution
Heavy rendering and encoding would mean video editing and 3D modeling where massive amounts of ram is needed to deal with large file sizes.
Well if you are running a backup software constantly it will benefit from ram the other tasks wallpaper editing if you are doing multiple edits at the same time will benefit from more RAM.

djc56us

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011

is burning movies, a half dozen open web sites, editing over 30000 wallpaper pics, and background backup software all running at the same time considered heavy rendering. the hp upgrade from 8gb memory to 12 is $120.

Heavy rendering and encoding would mean video editing and 3D modeling where massive amounts of ram is needed to deal with large file sizes.
Well if you are running a backup software constantly it will benefit from ram the other tasks wallpaper editing if you are doing multiple edits at the same time will benefit from more RAM.

Solution

djc56us

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
12GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [6 DIMMs]

FEATURES: Six 2GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM DIMM memory sticks; 12GB total nemory or

FEATURES: Four 2GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM DIMM memory sticks; 8GB total nemory

Status
Not open for further replies.