Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel Core i5 2500k Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
November 2, 2011 3:54:38 PM

Hello Guys,

I am not pretty sure which one i go for mobo for i5 2500k !

is P67 are best one in terms of performance !!
or whether i choose H67 boards .

i know adv of p67 boards are they can OC, but i want to know that only this is d only adv ?
if i not sure i am OC , then buying H67 board will show any performance problems than P67 ?

Thank you!
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b å Intel
November 2, 2011 4:07:47 PM

IF you NEVER OC then it really doesn't matter except for the peripherals and 'doodads' you want. Keeping in mind currently ONLY the P67 or Z68 allows for an CPU OC'ing.

Interesting comparisons -> http://www.anandtech.com/show/4330/asus-p8z68v-review/4

On the cheap but with options open my picks:
iGPU:
Z68 ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
Discrete GPU(s):
P67 ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) or P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0) ; the differences are the USB 3.0 chipset
m
l

Best solution

a c 75 V Motherboard
a b å Intel
November 2, 2011 4:10:23 PM

If you are looking for performance you are going to be looking at the P67 or the Z68 chipset. The H67 chipset is designed for general use and will not allow you to overclock the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K.

The difference between the P67 and Z68 come down to the Z68 have 3 features that the P67 doesnt have. Those features are:

-Intel SRT (Smart Response Technology) SSD caching
-Support for IGP (Intergraded Graphics on Processor) on boards that support the IGP you can use the processor graphics for back up or help in troubleshooting issues. Also with the Lucidlogix Virtu software you can switch between the graphics on the processor and the dedicated graphics to get the best performance for the application.
-Intel SATA controller said to be better then the old Marvell controller that is used on the P67 board.

Now since there is only about a $6 price difference and many of the motherboard makers dont charge any difference between the P67 and Z68 boards with the same features.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
Related resources
November 2, 2011 4:15:59 PM

Best answer selected by swapnilbunty123.
m
l
November 2, 2011 4:17:51 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
If you are looking for performance you are going to be looking at the P67 or the Z68 chipset. The H67 chipset is designed for general use and will not allow you to overclock the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K.

The difference between the P67 and Z68 come down to the Z68 have 3 features that the P67 doesnt have. Those features are:

-Intel SRT (Smart Response Technology) SSD caching
-Support for IGP (Intergraded Graphics on Processor) on boards that support the IGP you can use the processor graphics for back up or help in troubleshooting issues. Also with the Lucidlogix Virtu software you can switch between the graphics on the processor and the dedicated graphics to get the best performance for the application.
-Intel SATA controller said to be better then the old Marvell controller that is used on the P67 board.

Now since there is only about a $6 price difference and many of the motherboard makers dont charge any difference between the P67 and Z68 boards with the same features.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Hello sir,

what will be good
[situation] P67 board w/o OC and H67 normal performance; which is good ??

thank you !
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b å Intel
November 2, 2011 4:19:44 PM

Hmm..."-Intel SATA controller...P67"? Care to comment?
m
l
a c 207 V Motherboard
a b å Intel
November 2, 2011 4:41:22 PM

I don't think you will see a benefit to anything the Z68 offers .... decide for yaself by reading here:

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/difference-between-h...

However, if you go that way, then I'd get a GEN3 board. Historically, reviewers as well as my own personal experience have favored the Asus board for OC'ing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

If ya stick w/ P67, here's my short list:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b å Intel
November 2, 2011 4:59:33 PM

I agree with P67 and the comparisons showed the same if the OP took the time to look.

Further, Chris is wrong with the P67 vs Z68 Chipset; both have the same NATIVE SATA ports: (2) ports SATA3 and (4) SATA2. P67 & H67 lack the native PCI which otherwise splits lanes and the Z68 & H67 have FDI support which doesn't help sharing either.

Hence P67...
m
l
!