Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ABIT IC7 replacement question

Last response: in Motherboards
November 2, 2011 4:54:16 PM

I am a senior citizen and my back-up computer is custom built with an ABIT motherboard bearing the identification ABIT IC7. It has became defective and I would like to consider replacing it. It bears the following information:

Just below the scanner line it reads IC7G - C58001375 IC7 V1.1. There is a box that contains the number D-33068.

It has 4 memory slots and presently has 4 - 512MB memory sticks.

Can some one please help me by telling me which motherboard will replace it?

There is a similar motherboard listed on eBay as item #390323923328:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390323923328?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fww...

It has a total of 6 memory stick slots, and different identifying marks - but I am not sure it will be a compatible replacement.

I would appreciate any help you may be able to give me.

Thank you.

a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
November 2, 2011 5:29:34 PM

Hello... that motherboard is for a Intel socket 478 processor... an AGP slot Video card... and DDR RAM... This is outdated and will be high priced to buy one.

What are your symptoms to think it's the motherboard... other parts could be your problem... Just tryin to save ya some $$$ if you could explain further.
m
l
November 4, 2011 6:07:03 AM

IronSounds - The problem is that it has about 9 capacitors blow on it. I'm not capable of trying to replace them, so I thought maybe I could get a used mob to replace it! Thanks for tryin' to save me some $$$

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Ironsounds said:
Hello... that motherboard is for a Intel socket 478 processor... an AGP slot Video card... and DDR RAM... This is outdated and will be high priced to buy one.

What are your symptoms to think it's the motherboard... other parts could be your problem... Just tryin to save ya some $$$ if you could explain further.

m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
November 4, 2011 8:19:40 AM

Hello... Ok replacement it is... you can also seach by i865 and i875 Intel chipsets for better price options... those board will have you covered... they are the INTEL chipsets that support the 478 proceesor, ddr memory, and AGP graphic slots. You have the ATX board size with that... some cases will accept the micro-atx, smaller boards, they will have less PCI slots slots, if you dont need all 5... I have a board that will work... but I would have to send you different memory with it... RDAM if you are interested.
November 4, 2011 4:10:35 PM

OK thanks very much - Sounds like it's going to be an expensive solution and I'm not sure I want to go that way, but appreciate your comments!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Ironsounds said:
Hello... Ok replacement it is... you can also seach by i865 and i875 Intel chipsets for better price options... those board will have you covered... they are the INTEL chipsets that support the 478 proceesor, ddr memory, and AGP graphic slots. You have the ATX board size with that... some cases will accept the micro-atx, smaller boards, they will have less PCI slots slots, if you dont need all 5... I have a board that will work... but I would have to send you different memory with it... RDAM if you are interested.

m
l
November 11, 2011 1:39:34 AM

Best answer selected by SENIORCITIZEN.
m
l
!