Install win 7 without optical drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

klabauterman

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
Hi guys! Long time reader and this is my first post, im off to my first computer build and i've got basically everything except for an optical drive, i saw this video about using a flash drive to boot win 7, im a little cautious in doing this cuz the vid is already 2 years old, im wondering if its still possible? I dunno if i can post the link of the vid here so you guys can put some input if that way of booting win 7 still works or if theres another way to do it, i do have the windows7 os but am still waiting for my optical drive wich would arrive next week, and im reaaaaaaaally excited to boot my pc that ive already installed everything else and am just waiting for that optical drive

Help guys i wanna play bf3 so bad ill die if i have to wait another week

klabauterman

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
holy hell i thought this was an infringement or something lol, the vid i saw was using command prompt for the copy so i was a little scared to do it, thanks for the link :) im gonna try this after 6 hours because my cousin is asleep and im gonna be using his computer to make my bootable usb haha, is it ok to leave this topic open for now? just to update you guys if im successful tommorow or if i encounter any problem, dunno how im going to install the game yet though lol

klabauterman

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
actually tempted to sneak on my cousins desktop but his PSU is just too damn noisy! haha, thanks very much for the help! i wasnt really expecting an answer this fast, and now i can't sleep cause im thinking about it too much

Status
Not open for further replies.