Antec 300 Three-Hundard Gaming Tower without PSU $55.0

Kingston HyperX-TI-XMP 4GB kit(2Gx2) ddr3 2000 $101.0

i5-2500 CPU $229.00

LG SATA Black DVD RW - 1 Year Warranty $21.00

WD 3.5" Black 1TB WD1002FAEX SATA3 7200rpm HDD $99

All good?

Solution
PSU and Graphics Card?

Motherboard looks fine, but there's no room for Crossfire/SLI, if that's a concern for you.

Case looks like a solid choice from a solid brand, everything will fit, and after that, it's all personal.

You can likely save a lot by going with slower RAM, since speeds in excess of 1333 make such a small difference that it won't really matter. If you planned to OC on something other than a Sandy Bridge, I might recommend RAM at 1600, since I would drop the multiplier on the RAM when I bumped up the FSB, but Sandy eliminates that need.

DVD burners are DVD burners. I don't see much difference from drive to drive. With prices as they are, I don't see a reason not to get a drive from any brand you feel comfortable with...

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
PSU and Graphics Card?

Motherboard looks fine, but there's no room for Crossfire/SLI, if that's a concern for you.

Case looks like a solid choice from a solid brand, everything will fit, and after that, it's all personal.

You can likely save a lot by going with slower RAM, since speeds in excess of 1333 make such a small difference that it won't really matter. If you planned to OC on something other than a Sandy Bridge, I might recommend RAM at 1600, since I would drop the multiplier on the RAM when I bumped up the FSB, but Sandy eliminates that need.

DVD burners are DVD burners. I don't see much difference from drive to drive. With prices as they are, I don't see a reason not to get a drive from any brand you feel comfortable with.

The Caviar Black is a solid choice, and you could move to an SSD down the road, keeping the HDD for mass storage. Some people don't like the Black drives, and feel that others are faster, but I believe in the quality of Western Digital over the other manufacturers. Again, this is a personal choice.

Solution

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010

I mean overclocking on an older-gen i5 or earlier system, or anything by AMD. Overclocking there usually depended on the FSB multiplier, which would scale up the speed of the CPU and of the RAM. I was just giving the scenario in which I would buy RAM at a speed faster than 1333. In your situation, I doubt you'll see more performance from anything faster than 1333.

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010

I'd go with at least a 5xxx-series graphics card, since they're a lot more future-proof. There are deals to be had right now on 57xx and 58xx cards, and they give you dx11 as well.

Rozwyburn

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011

Yeah i would like one of the newer models but i already own the 4890 and the 650w and was in my old pc.

Rozwyburn

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011

yep im planning on oc'ing, possibly to around 4.0 GhZ? im not too sure on what an aftermarket cooler is, so probably not lol

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010

Ok, if you already have parts, there's nothing stopping you from upgrading later. If they're from your old PC, you should make sure that they still work properly.

Thanks for the best answer by the way.

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010

An aftermarket cooler is a CPU cooler that does not come with the processor. Some of these are air coolers, and some of these are for water coolers. You'd likely want an air cooler.

This is a very good cooler, and is often on sale for $20. It is one of the best 'bang for the buck' coolers out there.

Cooler Master Hyper 212+ : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065&cm_re=1155_cpu_cooler-_-35-103-065-_-Product

Rozwyburn

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011

Cheers, i'll be sure to check it out. Is that an american website?
the gpu and psu im going to use in my new pc are the ones im using in my current pc, so their in perfect working order. although the 4890 does tend to get rather loud and brews up a fair bit of heat.

If you were to upgrade your graphics card how much would you be willing to spend?

Newgg.com is in United States and Canada.Reguardless i'm sure you can find the Cooler Master 212+ anywhere and everywhere.It's a very popular cooler and i'm sure prices are around the same.It's been on the market for a long time.

Rozwyburn

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
If i was going to ge a card, but i dont think i will anytime soon, i'd probably spend around 300 i think.

ok well im in australia, they may be able to ship it but like you said im sure theres shops here that have it

TRENDING THREADS