Your question

IDENTIFY MOTHERBOARD VERSION

Last response: in Motherboards
November 3, 2011 8:27:16 AM

Hello,
HOW DO I DETERMINE WHAT VERSION OF MOTHERBOARD I HAVE
a b V Motherboard
November 3, 2011 9:21:23 AM

Well it depends on which mobo you have. The model# and revision # is usually stamped (silk screened) on the mobo, like pictured below:

Here is another example:

It is usually located in the middle of the mobo (assuming your talking about a desktop mobo).
m
l
November 9, 2011 12:42:23 AM

Reply to lunyone :

Hello, :hello: 

Rather off the subject...but....
Could you tell me how you post photos/graphics into this reply box? I am hoping that you do not need to know html to do so..
I have a graphic that shows how I have wired my front panel pinout and was hoping that I could post it, so I could have one of the forum experts approve or give me advice on it. I do not have my own website. Thank you.
Sincerely,
joni wolf

P.S. Also, is it against the forums rules to post a website that sells PC informational items. I will receive nothing for posting it, but they sell the HP/Compaq installation CDs that I posted a question about looking for them and I was rather thrilled to have finally found them....
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 9, 2011 2:33:33 AM

wolfhaunted said:
Reply to lunyone :

Hello, :hello: 

Rather off the subject...but....
Could you tell me how you post photos/graphics into this reply box? I am hoping that you do not need to know html to do so..
I have a graphic that shows how I have wired my front panel pinout and was hoping that I could post it, so I could have one of the forum experts approve or give me advice on it. I do not have my own website. Thank you.
Sincerely,
joni wolf

P.S. Also, is it against the forums rules to post a website that sells PC informational items. I will receive nothing for posting it, but they sell the HP/Compaq installation CDs that I posted a question about looking for them and I was rather thrilled to have finally found them....

All you have to do is get your picture posted on an online site that you can copy the link from. There are several sites that allow hosting of pictures that you can copy the link (web address) from. Photobucket is one such online site that does this for free (you just have to register with them and there are some restrictions).

Once you have your pictures online, just copy the web address "http://website....com/" and post it between and your good to go! So it would look like this:
"" <---without the " included, of coarse.

Getting to your 2nd question, I don't think there is anything wrong with linking a website that your discussing about, but there might be issues if your trying to promote the site. I'm not sure, but that is my take on it.
m
l
November 10, 2011 7:45:44 AM

Hi again Lunyone,

Thank you so much for your answer.. I am going to try photoBucket. Another question... How can I credit you for best answer on this...Thanks!
joni wolf
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 10, 2011 1:43:07 PM

I think there is an option on the page somewhere. I haven't started a thread in like forever. I think you look at the left hand column and under or around the persons profile picture there should be an option to select the best answer (at least I think so).
m
l
!