any new games for a comeback newbie?

Hi there!

After 4 or 5 years (I guess) I just tried to find that newsgroup again and
ask if there are any vgap3 gamers around.

Was a long time w/o good games that brought me back to the roots what means
back to vgap3. So could anyone tell me where I can find information for
beginners (may be I remind when I see all that stuff about friendly codes
etc again) and eventually join any beginner games!?

thanks in advance
cheers

Michael

Op 2004-04-23, Michael Horak schreef <horak.michael@aon.at>:
> Hi there!
>
> After 4 or 5 years (I guess) I just tried to find that newsgroup again and
> ask if there are any vgap3 gamers around.

Lots of 'em. Welcome back!

> Was a long time w/o good games that brought me back to the roots what means
> back to vgap3. So could anyone tell me where I can find information for
> beginners (may be I remind when I see all that stuff about friendly codes
> etc again) and eventually join any beginner games!?

There is an alt.games.vga-planets FAQ that will hopefully get you off on a
good start. It was posted here again today or yesterday, so you should be able
to find it in your newsreader or with Google (newsgroup advanced search on
message-id):
5ich80d6pjq25v319oc8o3re9437jlqbrj@4ax.com

If you don't find your answers there, you can come back here. :)

Have fun,

--
Maurits van Rees
http://maurits.vanrees.org/

Maurits van Rees wrote:

>> Hi there!
Hi there, I seem to rememeber you. So it can't be that long ago :)

>There is an alt.games.vga-planets FAQ that will hopefully get you off on a
>good start.
That and Donovan's site should cover quite a lot of questions. As for
games, I would guess some of the big hosts might have some game openings
for beginners. Although I would say you should be fine in any game.

mark

"Michael Horak" <horak.michael@aon.at> wrote in
Hi,

For me and some of my friends it was about 9 years since our last battle
and we have just enlisted in a game at high-command.de. Maybe it would be
nice for you to join also.

Mark.

> Hi there!
>
> After 4 or 5 years (I guess) I just tried to find that newsgroup again
> and ask if there are any vgap3 gamers around.
>
> Was a long time w/o good games that brought me back to the roots what
> means back to vgap3. So could anyone tell me where I can find
> information for beginners (may be I remind when I see all that stuff
> about friendly codes etc again) and eventually join any beginner
> games!?
>
> thanks in advance
> cheers
>
> Michael

I was told Matthias was shutting this site down and wasn't starting any new
games.... so has this changed? I haven't joined any games over there for
that reason.

Ed

mark

eh... dunno.
I'm new to this autotroll thing...
did not get any clues.

Mark.

> I was told Matthias was shutting this site down and wasn't starting
> any new games.... so has this changed? I haven't joined any games
> over there for that reason.
>
> Ed

Nice offer, thanx
but I already play some games I started plus the ones my brother started
and can't continue (well, not all of them).

But we will meet sooner or later. Still have to try the birds, rebels,
colonies and maybe the privateers sometime again ;)

cu on the battlefield

Michael