Hacking a Cisco Router

mrlizard

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Basicaly what the subject says, I have a Cisco router thats been locked down and the password recovery disabled. The company that originally owned it doesn't want it back but they don't want to remove thier encryption either and none of the interfaces, console, vty, etc... will work because they have it blocked. I was thinking of using some sort of tftp program to try and remove it, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help

EDIT: so apparantly I can only enter commands using AT modem commands, does anyone know how to do this? I tried fumbling around with hyper terminal but I only managed to preform AT commands on the modem on the pc I was using. I was also considering using another router to connect to this router's aux port and attempt to access it that way. That will have to wait till tomorrow though. If anyone has any ideas I'd be happy to hear them, thanks.
Also the tftp idea won't work because of the fact that for some reason none of the ethernet ports work. If I knew a way to just do it through hardware I would, (like shorting some pins or something)

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008

can you push ctrl + pause/break when it starts to boot up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayTKNW69cn8

Or goto youtube and search cisco password recovery. You need to switch the confreg and then reboot the router, erase configurations and then reboot again and reset the confreg to what it was previously.