Your question
Solved

Non-Overclocking CPU

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
Last response: in CPUs
February 28, 2011 5:34:10 PM

I need some suggestions, the best Non-Overclocking Cpu for around $ 200. and a MoBo for the Cpu Too.

Thanks

More about : overclocking cpu

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 28, 2011 7:54:38 PM

You should be able to get the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz for exactly $200 USD. It's a lightning fast quad core, and it's a black edition which means if you were ever to overclock it you don't need to have any previous knowledge as you can just up the multiplier - dead simple.

A good motherboard for this depends on budget and needs.

Do you need multiple graphics cards, and if so are you using NVIDIA or ATI?
Do you need it to be a set size (MATX, ATX or EATX)?
What RAM do you plan on using? DDR2, DDR3.. and what speeds?
m
l

Best solution

February 28, 2011 8:02:40 PM

If you pay $200 for a Phenom II X4 you're dumb as a brick.

The i5-760 costs $200 and is faster than anything AMD has.

"Lightning fast," great joke.

If you aren't in a hurry to get a CPU get the i5-2500 non K version when they release the fixed Sandy Bridge LGA 1155 motherboards.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 28, 2011 8:19:46 PM

If you really aren't going to overclock, because you're scared or you just don't know, then I say go with the Intel Core i5-2500 which is currently $209. Of course, getting a motherboard for it is exactly the problem right now so you will have to wait for a few weeks unless your o.k with your SATA ports possibly dying. If you use certain kinds of heavily threaded workloads, like certain rendering programs, then you may want to look at the AMD 1090T instead. As for the motherboard are you interested in SLI or Crossfire? What are you going to be using it for?
m
l
March 6, 2011 11:36:51 PM

Best answer selected by bigislandigor.
m
l
!