Did i get ripped off? Pny Quadro 1800

mayatheinfidel

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
hey i just bought a Pny Quadro fx 1800 video card today from craigslist for 200 bucks and it came with a nvidia geforce 6800. I thought it was a bargain since newegg has it for 400 still and the 6800 was a nice deal sweetner, but i primarily want a gaming machine with video editing as a side thing. Now I dont come across 200 buck often so would you guys have made this purchase, and since i have a xfire mobo im not sure if getting a sli setup for these two is worth it? Basically is there a 200 dollar card that will outperform this '200' dollar card in gaming that you would have bought otherwise? If so this thing is back on craigslist, thanks. I say ripped off because even at a 200 dollar pricepoint the 1800 seems a little underwhelming coming from specs as i have not yet built it yet.

4745454b

Titan
Gaming with a 6800 is a bad idea these days. (unless you got one cheap and its AGP) I don't follow the Quadros so I have no idea about it at all. I do know they don't game very well, so if you have $200 you should have bought the GTX460. (or the 5830 if you find one cheap enough) These would have gamed better then the quadro.