Water cooling question

wasn't sure where to drop this...so:

I have a stupid water cooling question. Ive never used water in any of my rigs, so I have little knowledge on what im doing. My question is about compression fittings. When i read something like: "inside diameter of 1/4" and an outside diameter of 3/8..." The Eff? I was told to use the biggest tubing available and use compression fittings...Im looking at stuff like; 1/4 x 3/8 Compression Fittings, 1/4 x 3/8, 3/8 x 1/2 , 3/8 x 1/2,1/2 x 5/8, etc...and i have no clue what to buy

The system im playing around with in my head will involve 3 or so water blocks. 2 for the video cards, 1 for the CPU, and maybe one for the Gigabyte board. There will be a bay Reservoirs, 3 fan Radiator, pump, etc...

thanks for any info...im a n00bz
2 answers Last reply
More about water cooling question
  1. Hello,

    First, you have to look at the inside diameter (the smallest value). Seccondly, I'd use 10mm tubes.

    Here, the basics of liquid cooling are explained : http://www.koolance.com/technical/cooling101/001.html

    Here, the tube size is explained : http://www.koolance.com/technical/howtobuild/index_01.html

    I hope this helped,
  2. Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

    What are the specific components?

    Like I see, you will need 2x320 radiator and maybe dual pump. I'd go with 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD and 1/2" tube.

    What means that diameters? Check the picture below.

    Source: fishingunited.com
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Compression Components