Sign in with
Your question

Want to build a high end gaming PC, should I wait?

Last response: in Systems
December 3, 2010 12:04:16 PM

I am planning on building a new PC around January (for my birthday) :) 
My question is, should I wait more time?
Is there anything new coming in the next 2 month?
My budget is around 2k$ without the monitor.

Another Question, which is a good gaming IPS panel monitor 24" and 1920*1200 native resolution?
Any advices?

Thanks
December 3, 2010 12:36:44 PM

Griffolion said:
Intel Sandybridge CPU's are coming next year so yes, wait.

You will get a really good system out of $2K. Come back to us then and we'll help you.

And how about this for a monitor: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Thanks for the reply, I will check about the CPU's.
Any news about the GPU near future?

And about the monitor, I prefer spending aroud 400-500$ but for higher quality, even if it means 24".

Thanks
Related resources
December 3, 2010 1:31:21 PM

ATI 6900's will be out next year.

Nvidia 570 & 560 will also be out next year if you're wanting lower end GPU's from the epic 580. But with your budget, you'll be going all out i think.

Also, Northern Islands & Kepler will be out on the late half of next year. They are the next two architectures from ATI and Nvdia respectively. But you're building in Jan so this won't apply to you unless you want to upgrade in 6 months time.

Thats fair enough about the monitor, i don't know American sites too well so have a good look on your own. Higher quality at that resolution tends to mean Samsung or Dell.
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
December 3, 2010 1:45:52 PM

there is always better coming down the pike in 1, 2, 3, 6 months. ALWAYS.

With Sandy Bridge due out in 4 weeks, its probably worth waiting on that. Waiting for releases in late spring? Not so much.

There used to be a saying 'If it's for sale, it's already obsolete' -- if you stick with 'better is coming n 3 months...before you know it a year has gone by!

Pick what you wnt and just use it for at least 2 years, then buy something else.
December 3, 2010 1:54:26 PM

yea i'd wait for sandybridge.. btu thats it another few months will be bulldozer, in a few months after that the higher end sandybride and the next series will appear, bulldozer will keep evolving with on die gpu its a never ending cycle, rule of thumb is if its gonna be out over a month away its probably nto with the wait
December 4, 2010 10:19:04 AM

Well yea :)  You are right guys, I was just thinking about the near 1-2 month future, not the summer of 2011 future :) 
And the difference between a high end PC of January won't be so much big from high end of June, I guess maybe 10-15 FPS even less? :p 
!