How to put 2 HDDs in RAID 0 in EFI

semperfit

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
I am using an Asus P8P67-Le and I don't know hot to put my 2 HDDs in RAID 0. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Welcome to Tom's Forum! :)

WARNING - you will erase and lose ALL data on the RAID drives. Back-up any data.
WARNING - RAID 0, if either drive fails you lose ALL DATA.

Okay, that all said CMOA, place the HDD's assuming mechanical on the 2 of the '4 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports' (blue) SATA ports.

BIOS:
SATA Mode -> RAID Mode
Save & Exit

Assuming Windows 7:

Boot, hold the Ctrl + I ; pressing the 'I' until you get to the "Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager" ; BTW the online manual is for the birds and lacks the RAID set-up for your MOBO...

/rather than reinventing the wheel, here verbatim from another Intel manual: /

1. Create RAID Volume and press <Enter>
2. Enter a name e.g. RAID for the RAID set and press <Enter>
3. When the...
Welcome to Tom's Forum! :)

WARNING - you will erase and lose ALL data on the RAID drives. Back-up any data.
WARNING - RAID 0, if either drive fails you lose ALL DATA.

Okay, that all said CMOA, place the HDD's assuming mechanical on the 2 of the '4 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports' (blue) SATA ports.

BIOS:
SATA Mode -> RAID Mode
Save & Exit

Assuming Windows 7:

Boot, hold the Ctrl + I ; pressing the 'I' until you get to the "Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager" ; BTW the online manual is for the birds and lacks the RAID set-up for your MOBO...

/rather than reinventing the wheel, here verbatim from another Intel manual: /

1. Create RAID Volume and press <Enter>
2. Enter a name e.g. RAID for the RAID set and press <Enter>
3. When the RAID Level item is selected, press the up/down arrow key to select a RAID level to create, and then press <Enter>
4. When the Disks item is selected, press <Enter> to select the hard disk drives you want to include in the RAID set. The SELECT DISKS screen appears {screen}
5. Use the up/down arrow key to select a drive, and then press <Space> to select. A small triangle marks the selected drive. Press <Enter> after completing your selection.
6. Use the up/down arrow key to select the stripe size for the RAID array (for RAID 0, 10 and 5 only),and then press <Enter>. The available stripe size values range from 4KB to 128KB. The following are typical values:
RAID 0: 128KB
RAID 10: 64KB
7. When the Capacity item is selected, enter the RAID volume capacity that you want and press <Enter>. The default value indicates the maximum allowed capacity.
8. When the Create Volume item is selected, press <Enter>. The following warning message appears: {Warning Screen - erasing ALL data}
9. Press <Y> to create the RAID volume and return to the main menu, or <N> to go back to the CREATE VOLUME menu.

Boot

Install your OS - boot with the Windows 7 DVD, format, and install the OS.

I assume you have a SAFE aka 3rd HDD for your data!

Good Luck! :)

Solution

semperfit

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Thank you so much. I new how to get into RAID (ctrl+I) but turns out I didn't have the sata cables in all the way so the HDDs were not recognized. I did my research and know the risks I am taking but I have everything backed up. Thanks for your time in helping me out!