Ati hybrid crossfire

G

I have a Msi r5670 pmd1g on gygabyte GA-880-GA-UD3H and i am wondering if i can use that hybrid cross fire with this card and on board graphic card (i dont see the crossfire settjng in catalyst control center)so is that possible or did i missunderstand the meaning of hybrid crossfire?

G

I have a Msi r5670 pmd1g on gygabyte GA-880-GA-UD3H and i am wondering if i can use that hybrid cross fire with this card and on board graphic card (i dont see the crossfire settjng in catalyst control center)so is that possible or did i missunderstand the meaning of hybrid crossfire?

G

Thanks alot the i will step up to 5770 i see them for 139.00 cheapest online(cause i would like to start gaming on it and from what i hear 5670 not to good and 5770 better than 5670 crossfire)i hope that is right cause prices are pretty simular now beetween those cards.
anyway thanks much for the help

You can't CF a HD 5670 with the onboard card.Hybrid CF only works with the onboard card and a low-end discrete card.
However,even if it was possible,i wouldn't have recommended it because it won't give you a noticeable performance boost.

Correction, for the 5xxx cards only the ATI 5450 is supported in HybridCrossFire AND you need a 890GX or 880G or better chipset to HybridCrossFire on the 5450.

And +1 for any one who said HybridCrossFire is not worth it. Just get a 5750/5770 or wait till the ATI 6xxx cards are out in a month or so.

Before upgrading the GPU, MAKE SURE you have a quality PSU

Thanks for that, you're more up to date than me with ATi cards obviously. ;)