Stability Testing!

So, If I want to overclock, how long do i do a stability test with it?
7 answers Last reply
More about stability testing
  1. Depends on the amount of OCing you've done.

People say do a prime95 test for a couple of hours, but personally, play a game your into for as long as you like, or if its a working machine (for like CAD or non gaming) then do some of the work you'd normally do and see..

I would just do your normal activites on the PC and test that way, but thats me personally.
  2. I did a stress test for 77 minutes, And it was succesfull does that mean my graphics cards overclock is working fine, i also played a handfull of games.
  3. Quote:
    I did a stress test for 77 minutes, And it was succesfull does that mean my graphics cards overclock is working fine, i also played a handfull of games.

Kind of, My suggestion is to play/work on your PC by doing your daily activites on what you would normally do. This would suggest better than a stress test IMO.
  4. Yep i did, I played l4d 2 and tf 2 both for 1 hour, seems like its quite stable.
  5. stable now, but it damages your graphic card. its life can be reduced by 2-5yrs depending on what games you play and how long you play
  6. prolim123 said:
    stable now, but it damages your graphic card. its life can be reduced by 2-5yrs depending on what games you play and how long you play

Yeah, But how many people dont upgrade graphics cards for more than 2 years?
  7. Quote:
    Yeah, But how many people dont upgrade graphics cards for more than 2 years?

ALOT more then you wouls think, as most of the time only Hardcore gamers upgraded in the 2 year time scale.

Most people i know buy a system to last 3-5 years, 3 years being Minimum at best.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Graphics