Choose between Intel, Nvidia, ATI

G_75

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
I have a choice between 3 video cards:

- Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 Graphics

- Nvidia ® GeForce G310 512MB graphics card

- ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 1GB DDR3 graphics

Is there much of a difference between the three?
Also which brand do you think is more reliable etc?
Thanks for any help.

G_75

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Thanks for the replies guys.

Just to explain, I am buying a Dell desktop and on a budget. I plan on having this machine for several years.
For now gaming is not a priority, however it might be in 2 years... For now it's just photoshop, flash, web development, watching movies, editing etc.

I'm wondering if it will be possible to physically replace the graphics card if I want to upgrade say 2 years from now?
And if it's possible, is it easy to do like for example inserting new RAM?

G_75

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Cool. Then I will probably go with the Intel or Nvidia, and upgrade later if I need to. I did not know that it was possible. Thanks for the info :)

G_75

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
We told you to buy the Ati card since it is the best among them.Then why buy other card.
I am on a budget and was just looking for info about each card really. I would like to have the Ati, but it is the more expensive of the 3. Also when I asked the question I was not aware that the card can be easily upgraded in the future(i.e. that it could be done without paying a technician).
I'm not buying the PC until end of the month. For now just researching options.

What are you going to use the computer for? If you don't plan to game at all, and not using CAD or any other graphical program, then you could easily just choose the cheapest option on the graphics. Otherwise, go with the above recommendations.