Replaced motherboard cd/dvddoes not show up in bios

bwaybrown

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hey all, replaced a motherboard tp412 for a dell precision t3400. Windows xp sp2. Started right up but it cna't find anything but the hard drive in bios. Tried reseating a million times power and sata plug. No go. Its either faulty mobo or dvd. Don't have a spare to test. Any suggestions. I sort of think dvd blew but it has power, opens and I can hear it spin if I put a disk in. I have tried all five sata slots on mobo. No changes. Do I just go to radio shack and buy a replacement to check. I live way out on Kauai in Hawaii so I cant go to a computer store. We don't have one. Thanks for any help

Solution
this problem i also faced, i don't have remembered clearly what i did but i opened the bios settings. then find peripherals and on that settings i did some option to auto. then it works. you may try...........

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
this problem i also faced, i don't have remembered clearly what i did but i opened the bios settings. then find peripherals and on that settings i did some option to auto. then it works. you may try...........

Solution

Howzit?