AMD Socket 939 Adapter .For Corsair Hydro Series H60 HELP!!!!!

woolyone

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Hi All, Soled At Last!, endyen!
I have an Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard, only been in service 2 years. The CPU is AMD Athlon X62 4600 Dual Core. I live in Queensland Australia and it gets really hot here!! The tower is an Antec 9200. This Liquid cooled heatsink setup featured on Toms, link below:

http://stores.tomshardware.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=779262141/

Corsair Hydro Series H60 High CPU Cooler

Looks great to me. Specs don't incude socket 939. Damn!! Does any one know wher i might be able to get an adaptor for this for my setup. I know its an old model board etc, but like i said, i got it still packed in plastic seal in the box and i have no doubt that properly looked after it will out live me! So i would really appreciate help, links, info if any one knows if they are available some where. Preferably in Aus. Many thanks in advance,

Wayne-(aka-woolyone)

endyen

Splendid
The socket AM2/3 mounting hardware will work just fine.
My old socket 754 setup was getting too hot so I swapped the old hsf for the stock fan from an AM2 cpu. It helped a lot, so I put one onto my 939 board as well.

woolyone

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Thanks very much endyen.
Thats great news for me, no doubt quite a few others who still love their Asus 939 Premium boards!! So if you are sure that with the mounting hardware supplied with the kit, it will definably bolt down on an Asus 939, i shall start trying to find a seller here in Qld, Aus, hopefully! The 4600 and 4800 x 64's tend to run a fair bit hotter than the x 64 3800's. Good on'ya mate for your info. Hope its pleasant weather wherever you live. Cause it sure ain't here 38deg C, Humidity 70 > 80 % !!!!
Thanks mate. :)

woolyone

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Back Again,
I have done some checking and should be able to get one locally. Next thing is, has any one had the experience of fitting one of these Corsair Hydro H60's into a,
Antec Nine Hundred Two Ultimate Gaming Case, which is what i have, picture via link below:

http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Nine-Hundred-Two-Ultimate/dp/B001P4UAF0

Are they a pain to install ? ie , chopping / cutting the case or fairly easy ?
Maybe some one has had the experience, i hope ! Can give me some tips, tricks, and the likes.
Thanks everyone,

Wayne- woolyone :)

woolyone

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008

woolyone

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Not Solved!! Going on Endyen's reply INFORMATION i went ahead and purchased a Corsair H70 liqiud CPU Cooler. For the life of me i do not see how i can fit this to my ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard!! SOCKET 939 . I was specific in the original post /question that it was for AN AMD SOCKET 939. The socket 939 boards only have 2 main screw holes onto which screws down the plastic CPU retaining bracket. I am hopeing like hell i have not been given a "bum steer " on this!! Both plastic retaining brackets supplied have 4 screws!! Can some one please advise me , now that i have bought the thing on a very tight budget, how it is fitted to a socket 939 Asus board ? Desperate for answers ever one!! Please help!!
Thanks.

woolyone

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Please help!! See my previous thread and answer posted here on Tom's below, which is no longer active so posting a new one:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/300200-28-socket-adapter-corsair-hydro-series-help

In short, i am in dire straights. For the life of me i cannot see how i am going to mount this Corsair H70, CPU liquid cooling SYSTEM to my SOCKET 939 Asus SLI PREMIUM mb. I only went ahead and purchased the thing , after getting a reply from another member virtually telling me " no probs at all". For the full story please go to the link above. If any one can advise me on how i can make it fit, please, please HELP!!
tHANKS IN ADVANCE.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Without a compatible mount (on the mobo) you will not be able to use the H70. The Socket 939 bracket (stock) has a different hole pattern than the AMD Socket AM2 / AM3 bracket/hole config that the H70 will work with.

So, unless Corsair offers such a mounting bracket (I highly doubt it) or you can fabricate such a mount, you can't use the H70.

Sorry for your troubles, but I don't see much hope here.

Good luck!

For more info, go to:
http://www.corsair.com/cooling/hydro-series/hydro-series-h70-cpu-cooler.html

woolyone

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Thanks GOLgeek,
Thanks for the reply. I was and am well aware of the difference in the mounting brackets, how they switched from 2 holes to 4. In the process of contacting an engineer who works a lot with aluminum. I tried to contact the corsair manufacturers by email a week before deciding to buy. If you look at this "endyen-members" reply, he has given me the distinct impression that he mounted one on a socket 939. Foolish of me to take some other persons bloody word for it!!!! I did not know exactly what the mounting plates looked liked. As soon as i opened the box, within a couple of minutes i said "this bloke on that forum has bullshited me!!!!!!!!"

Waiting to hear back from the manufacturer. And really look forward to getting a reply from THIS ""ENDYEN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MEMBER.

Bye.

woolyone

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Now Solved!! With ought Doubt!
2 ways to make it fit.
A: My way- Remove the heat sink lock down plate from the mother board. Only 2 screws hold that square plate down. Adjacent to where the bolt down screws are, cut, bevel, file out a half circular section. Try to make the same amount of cut out each end and it needs to be a tight/ firm fit. You need to remember to turn the plate upside down, as it is now going to act as a PULL DOWN / TENSION DOWN plate to the screw holes/ back plate of the mother board! To get it over the circular cooler and lugs, you need to put the cooler in diagonally to each corner of the square plastic plate. Then the plastic heat sink plate, now a pull down tension plate now covers about 3 to 4 lugs each end, adjacent to the screw holes. The plastic plate also has a beveled edge on both sides which grab some more of the lugs. The 2 flexy pipes carrying the coolant, on mine i have located at the bottom as you look at the board. The radiator to which the pipes are fitted are at the top of the mother board. I had a few spare heat sink to mother board plates to spare. But the first one proved successful! Tension down both screws bit by bit, as evenly as possible. Its working great.
B: Other way would be to have a custom made aluminum one made up similar to original but with only 2 out ward plates for the screws. ALUMINUM would do the job best as you could make it a bit thicker, and it is firmer. Less flexible when you are relying on only those 2 screws.
Wrap up : I tried modifying the AM lugged plate, cutting off 2 of the plates which did not line up. Cut out a bit more of an elongated hole, more in toward the center. No good !!! It is too FLEXIBLE ! Too much side ways swivel. does not hold down firm to CPU. So there ya go! Can be done and working great. But certainly not a simple change over clamp and bolt down as described by the ENDYEN Bloke. Then may be he did not fully explain himself properly. The plates, backplates supplied with the kit ore of no use at all.
My way locks and hold down nice and square, firm and no movement. Careful not to over tighten !! They do not need a great deal of tension on those 2 screws !! Cheers. :D "Sorry but have to manually mark this as " BEST ASNSWER"

Latest posts