Help! New Budget Gaming build for cousin

dookie11

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Hey all,

It's been a while since I've posted here. Ya'll were very helpful in my past hunt for a new build. I need your help again though, as my cousin and I are planning a new build for him in December/January. He has basically the same needs as me, which are SC2 on ultra, PCSX2 and Dolphin emulators, and possibly blu-ray burning. He wants a budget machine, and wants to stay under 600 total (including tax to zip code 91733). We'll be using newegg, so any recommendations from there would be welcome. And as always, if it's better to just wait for the launch of SB, feel free to suggest it :)

Here's the new build sheet:

Approximate Purchase Date: December or January

Budget Range: If necessary, maximum $600 total (including tax and shipping to zip code 91733)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Parts Not Required: KB, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers, Win7 Ultimate, Case, Wireless net card, Soundcard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Country of Origin: USA (California)

Parts Preferences: Nope

Overclocking: Not now.

SLI or Crossfire: Nope.

Monitor Resolution: 1600x900 (or HDMI output to 1080p TV).

Additional Comments: Needs to be able to DESTROY SC2 on Ultra-settings (30+ fps). Also needs to have USB 3.0 and SATA 6gb. **Please recommend parts/combos which are as cheap as possible, as we don't want to spend $600 if it's not necessary** Combos and MIRs are always welcome :)

I will be editing the thread as I find good combos on newegg.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions !!

This was my suggested $458AR mATX gamer so less casing since u have one on hand could give ya some ideas hehe
Untitled-1453.jpg