Any Utility For This?

Hi all,

Anyone know of any utility which will allow me to dump all my messages
to a text file? Better yet, how can I dump ALL info to text files?
DosPlan, if that makes any difference.
--
Brian

I don't know about messages but the report feature in VPA is very nice.
Shows you all your planet, ship, base info, fleet totals, scores, and enemy
ships visible. Echoview may have a cut & paste feature because it is windows
based.

Be careful not to dump all those minefield messages. In some games, I have
580/600 messages that are all minefield detections.

Brian Graham wrote:
> Anyone know of any utility which will allow me to dump all my messages
> to a text file?

Sheet.
ViewMess (Ctrl-W).
PCC (Ctrl-W in message reader).
I think VPA and Winplan can only save one message at a time.

> Better yet, how can I dump ALL info to text files?

Sheet.
Anything with a report generator, such as VPA or PCC.

Maybe EchoView does this, too, I don't currently have it.

Stefan

Op 2004-04-27, Brian Graham schreef <spam4Brian@SpamGoesHere.com>:
> Anyone know of any utility which will allow me to dump all my messages
> to a text file? Better yet, how can I dump ALL info to text files?
> DosPlan, if that makes any difference.

I have an old utility called 'plan2txt.exe' by A.M. van den Bos, made 1993.
It can convert in and outcoming messages to plain text. A quick search on
google didn't reveal its hiding place though. But maybe you are more lucky.

Or else let me know if you want me to mail it to you.

--
Maurits van Rees
http://maurits.vanrees.org/

TRENDING THREADS