Any Utility For This?

Hi all,

Anyone know of any utility which will allow me to dump all my messages
to a text file? Better yet, how can I dump ALL info to text files?
DosPlan, if that makes any difference.
--
Brian
3 answers Last reply

    I don't know about messages but the report feature in VPA is very nice.
    Shows you all your planet, ship, base info, fleet totals, scores, and enemy
    ships visible. Echoview may have a cut & paste feature because it is windows
    based.

    Be careful not to dump all those minefield messages. In some games, I have
    580/600 messages that are all minefield detections.

    "Brian Graham" <spam4Brian@SpamGoesHere.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Anyone know of any utility which will allow me to dump all my messages
    > to a text file? Better yet, how can I dump ALL info to text files?
    > DosPlan, if that makes any difference.
    > --
    > Brian

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Brian Graham wrote:
    > Anyone know of any utility which will allow me to dump all my messages
    > to a text file?

    Sheet.
    ViewMess (Ctrl-W).
    PCC (Ctrl-W in message reader).
    I think VPA and Winplan can only save one message at a time.

    > Better yet, how can I dump ALL info to text files?

    Sheet.
    Anything with a report generator, such as VPA or PCC.

    Maybe EchoView does this, too, I don't currently have it.

    Stefan
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Op 2004-04-27, Brian Graham schreef <spam4Brian@SpamGoesHere.com>:
    > Anyone know of any utility which will allow me to dump all my messages
    > to a text file? Better yet, how can I dump ALL info to text files?
    > DosPlan, if that makes any difference.

    I have an old utility called 'plan2txt.exe' by A.M. van den Bos, made 1993.
    It can convert in and outcoming messages to plain text. A quick search on
    google didn't reveal its hiding place though. But maybe you are more lucky.

    Or else let me know if you want me to mail it to you.

    --
    Maurits van Rees
    http://maurits.vanrees.org/

Games VGA Video Games