System won't boot

scippy4848

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
I just built my new system and I don't know what's wrong with it. It turns on, the motherboard light goes on, and everything goes on, after about 3-5 seconds it starts making a moderately high beeping. The monitor is on, a signal is sent, but there's no bios. This isn't my first computer. I've double checked and everything is plugged in. Memory and VGA are all they way in and vga has it's 6-pin in. I would try another vga or use onboard but I only have one and there's no on-board to plus the monitor to dvi or vga cable. I don't know what could be wrong. Only things I can think of are: I used my old hdd from my other computer and tried to boot it up from that, could it be there, since it had different mobo drivers? (I didn't think it would be that). Also, when the cpu was locked, I accidently pulled too hard on the cpu cooler when installing it and the cpu came out. How bad is it for the cpu to come out when it's locked? Could that be the problem? Thirdly, I never put jumpers on the hdd or dvd-rw, but I thought it should automatically try both until it prompts me to boot from my windows 7 dvd from my dvd-rw. Anyways if anyone could help that would be great. Thanks

System Specs
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor HDX925WFGIBOX
ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 compatible RR-B10-212P-G1 120mm "heatpipe direct contact" Long life sleeve CPU Cooler
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
Sapphire 4770 video card
seagate barracuda 1tb hdd
sony dvd-rw
Raidmax Iceberg Case

well its possible u damaged the cpu when u press on it, also check if u have a bad stick of ram thats possibly the cause, and even if ur drives arent connected it should still boot, and make shur everything is well connected and test the powersupply to make shur its not defective,

anyways if certain things dont add up u can always rma parts that u think is bad, as uve built pc before, u must take systematic steps to checking problems, anyways thats my 2 cents

if everything fails bring it in if u can,