AMD Fusion APU Llano Bulldozes Sandy Bridge in Multi-Tasking Demonstra

Hah. Such BS. Sorry but this is pretty useless.

Most people are not going to game and do the others on a laptop.

I want to see straight CPU benchmarks though vs Sandy Bridge.

I can has smoother performance while running 4 high CPU usage tasks NARF!!!!

Sorry but AMDs marketing is always a good laugh for me. I never really take them at their word because they like to do outrageous things. And although Intels HD3000 is quite a nice bump from the old HD graphics, I will never suggest it to someone for playing a extremley heavy graphical game such as FF 14 which even on desktops needs a decent GPU.

^Pretty much. Still I want to find someone who plays Final Fantasy XIV, watches a movie, uses Excel to calculate and renders 3D models all at the same time on a laptop. Oh and they also listen to music. Oh and browse the web. Of and run Prime95 and FurMark.

All at the same time.

Hah.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

Don't forget folding too. You need to get those 3 points per day. :sarcastic:

At least the AMD is smoother! :lol:

cbrunnem

Distinguished

must not have ever met a college student, who in case you havent notice buy a lot of laptops. just today i had 10 plus tabs open while running media player while running MATLAB and inventor. i also had 2 excel sheets and a word document open with prolly a few folders open as well all just to complete one class's homework assignment. i use 3ds max to render out short clips in the background occasionally too. so just because you or others do not multi task like in the video doesnt mean others do not because i am in a similar situation as that video, occasionally.

Btw i have a i7 laptop so im not toooo biased

Of everything you're saying there, pretty much everything is low demand except inventor and 3dsmax. Media players, internet browsers, and even Matlab (most of the time) don't actually use much CPU power. That kind of multitasking, while extremely common, is much more dependent on quantity of RAM than it is on the quality of your processor. The situation in the OP is much less common, and it's certainly not something you'd do on a laptop with an IGP.

Oh, and for the record, I'm also a college student, and I'm currently running media player, folding, google earth, 12 tabs of firefox, matlab, thunderbird, word, excel, and I have half life 2 minimized. Why? Because I rarely bother to close things. At any given time, only a couple will be actively doing anything, so the rest are basically sitting there idle

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Amazing...............i being an AMD Fan...i always wanted something like this

hurraaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy :bounce:

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
I feel like crying after watching this(sob sob), all my stupid friends they have intel but i never ditched AMD they used to make fun of my cpu (amd athlon ii x4 635) which is still very powerful and cost effective by comparing with core i7 and now AMD finally made me proud by showing this demo and now i am eagerly waiting for Bulldozer demo..

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

If you cant appreciate something then dont say anything bad about it.

Many people they do multi-tasking at the same time and thats what they wanted to show...which is very much acceptable.

We have seen with what they wanted to show, they proved also apu is gonna beat so called intel's sandy bridge.

"hype is for once, things they dont last forever"

Believe me, I'm optimistic about bulldozer, but this demo shows one thing and one thing only: AMDs IGP is better than Intel's IGP. This really shouldn't surprise anyone, and it doesn't change the fact that Sandy is THE processor for anyone who wants a high performance laptop with excellent battery life. If you want excellent graphics, honestly, neither of these is the way to go - a discrete GPU is a better choice. Intel still rules the CPU world, and that will definitely be true at least until Bulldozer (which I am genuinely curious and optimistic about).

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Wait for both fusion and bulldozer cpu's....cant forecast anything right now.

however still it will need less power and its good in multi-thread so we can say that this aint gonna be a bad deal, once their testing would be over and they will come up with the final product.

You're in denial, old man :lol:

bobdozer

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010

Honestly, I'd be inclined to agree. So far, Sandy appears to be incredible in that department, and I'll be curious to see how llano fares by comparsion.

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

demo is to show that cpu will now onwards will have no graphics load and to do this intel will have to redesign their cpu architecture :bounce:

bobdozer

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010

The demos show power draw? It seems obvious enough that Llano is at least as good as sandy.

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
I agree with that because its not yet finally prepared and they would never want their competiters to have any idea of low end cpu with that much power, cuz its not yet in the market and they dont want intel to come up with something like that so early ;)

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Well, the demo shows the APU does have potential.

I didn't like the power draw when it was idle though. 26W compared to Sandy's 12W, I hope they bring that down.