Need Help building a new pc/upgrading an old pc

ravivarsani

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
My current pc consists of a custom build a couple years ago from yoyotech.
The Specs on the top of my head are something like this:

2.4ghz single core AMD Athlon 3800+
2GB OCZ Performace Ram (gold edition)
Cooler Master Stacker 810 Full Tower Case (Black)
Asus A8R32-MVP Motherboard
ATI Radeon X1900XTX 512mb
Asus MW221 22" Widescreen LCD monitor

my budget is around £500 to upgrade this pc to todays standards, to make it able to play modern games. ive looked around and have found this combo deal:

http://www.yoyotech.co.uk/item-detail.php?products_id=4370671

it consists of the following:
- MOTHERBOARD - Asus P7P55D-E
- CPU - Intel i5-760
- OVERCLOCK - 4 Ghz
- COOLER - Thermaltake Contac 29
- MEMORY - 4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz

and costs only £364.98 inc. Vat

i am planning to replace my old motherboard and processor with this, and have in total 6gb of ram on the upgraded pc. i want to replace the old x1900xtx gfx card, as there is no point me crossfiring this if i'm right. for the graphics card my budget is around £200 and i need some advice as to what to buy, and whether this build will work ok. i think my PSU is an antec 650 watt, and hopefully is more than enough to power the new components. if theres anything else you will need to know, please email me at ravi.varsani@gmail.com :)

Thanks

ravivarsani

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
found all the same components on newegg for $446 which converts to £284.
this is basically exactly the same except for the giant overclock to 4ghz... this would be better for me, because then i could spend an extra £100 on the graphics card, and perhaps get some help on overclocking to 4ghz myself?

ravivarsani

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
I live in the UK, and just realised newegg dont post to uk... so will probably be buying from dabs, ebuyer or yoyotech, i have no preferred choice, wherever is cheaper is better for me...
(sorry for the triple post now)

TRENDING THREADS