Closed

Fraps won't work, GPU-Z crashes.

Just two days back everything was fine. I was taking screenshots with fraps. Then, i saw that the fps counter was not coming in dirt 2. However it was there in CoD:MW2. Then just recently the fps counter's disappeared altogether. Now i can't see it in any game whatsoever. I downloaded a trial od D3DGear. It works fine.
Another thing, around the same time this happened, gpu z also stopped working. It crashed every time i tried running it. I downloaded other versions and reinstalled/rolled back my drivers, nothing worked. GPU-Z keeps saying "an unrecoverable error has occured at 0x1EE0A7E". Everything else is pretty much working fine, all games running fine. Please help!
My config: xfx nForce 630i
2gb transcend ddr2 667
core2duo E7200 2.5ghz
xfx gts 250 1gb with 258.96 drivers.
Thank you.
11 answers Last reply
More about fraps work crashes
  1. First things that come to mind are memory failure and virus. Check for memory failure the same way you would for a new build. A good way is Prime95, make sure "Detect Rounding Errors" is checked.
  2. Twoboxer said:
    First things that come to mind are memory failure and virus. Check for memory failure the same way you would for a new build. A good way is Prime95, make sure "Detect Rounding Errors" is checked.

thanks, will do that. i somewhat had that in mind as i sometimes get blue screens, rarely. with prime95 how do iknow if my memory's faling?
  3. any opinion about anti viruses? micro$oft security essentials? anyone tried vipre or bitdefender. i don't quite like kaspersky it deletes random things
  4. go to start menu-accessories-system tools-system restore.....choose the day to all work is fine..........and done...
  5. You will get a rounding error, and Prime95 will stop that thread. Run at least an hour, watch temps too using CPUID's Hardware Monitor.
  6. fraps is latest version. gpu z is portable so it does not modify registry
  7. Quote:
    Yes it does.Everything is controlled by registry.Reinstall fraps.

even the portable gpu z? i couldn't find an entry
  8. i deleted the fraps registry key and it worked! Thank you so very much!! but there is no techpowerup key.
  9. thank you so very much!!!! its working now
  10. Best answer selected by Arunabha42.
  11. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics