So I've switched to wireless from moving to a new room, its like a room away from my router. When i'm not in game its perfectly fine no disconnections or anything, but during game I get a bit of lag spike then disconnect. I know its just me because when my friend uses my secondary computer to game (wired connection), I'm the only one that disconnects. Also, i've recently reformatted my computer so now i have Windows Vista, when i had Windows 7 no problems occured. Any suggestions?
If it's wireless it's probably a reception or interference issue.
Wireless is usually about half the speed of wired even with good wireless reception. You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.