ralph69

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
Hello,i have just put a asus xonar deluxe sound card but when i turn everything on there is no video the graphics card is asus eah 4650 it works when the sound card isnt in, its not the monitor i checked that,so i cant install it as i cant see what is going on , any ideas

I assume you mean the ASUS Xonar DX...

No idea why the audio card would be affecting the GPU output; is there any video before windows boots (IE: Post display, BIOS and the like?)

Also, I believe the DX requires a floppy power connector (one reason I prefer the older D1...), so make sure that is plugged in. Its also possible [although VERY unlikely] the DX is actually causing enough of a power drain that your PSU can't keep up [VERY unlikely though...]

ralph69

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011

No I did mean Xonar deluxe and its is connected to the power supply, but if i put the card in i get nothing on the screen even if i by pass the sound card and plug in straight from the graphics card, and i cant load the software because the computer dosent seem to know that there is new hardware, yet it still affects the gpu output

ralph69

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011

xonar deluxe 1.3 hdav

Ok, that helps.

What the HDAV does [as I understand it at least; I really need to get one myself to play with...] is outputs a combined audio/video signal from its HDMI output. It sounds like you are trying to do audio out via the cards HDMI output, while also doing video out from the GPU, which may not be the correct configuration.

I suspect the HDAV's HDMI output is taking over video output from the GPU, and you're not sending the video signal from the HDAV's HDMI output to the moniter. Then again, I've never had a chance to play with the card, so I'm unsure if this is in fact the case.

You might want to try Robscix over at the Guru3d's audio section; I know he's played with that card [he reviewed it, after all], so he'll probably be able to point you to the correct config for it relativly quickly.