New build to prepare for WoW Cataclysm

demondays

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Hello,i'm gonna be building a PC for the first time soon mainly for WoW Cataclysm I've been looking for parts on newegg just wondering if I can get some build ideas as I'm a first time builder my budget is 500-600 i'd like to play on high/ultra settings if possible any help is appreciated thanks.

$519AR before any addition of after market cooling/fans?
Untitled-574.jpg

demondays

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Looks nice definitely getting me steered in the right direction. Do you think after market cooling is a good idea the tower has three fans do you think it would still run hot?

demondays

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

Great! thanks for your help i'm just gonna be leaving it stock, it's just for WoW I dont think it's going to be super demanding.

demondays

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

ya I see that probem is I cant find a price within my budget for an i7 combo, AMD is priced pretty good compared... Any suggestions???

Hmm actually for really low budget WOW Cata rigs and looking at the 'good quality' benches i would say the sweet frame/$$ config would be a Rana X3 + GTS 250 and the latter could be had $79AR on Egg so great news for bargain hunters! DX11 for mianstream was not tested but i suspect the GTS 450 would also be an awesome choice

If u want Ultra then cache in this particular game plays a considerable role (appox 20% gain from L3) so Heka X3 Black Edition :p This and over spread of other games as well
$531AR
Untitled-1029.jpg

Edit: 3ghz Heka 740 Black edition back in stock :bounce:

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
dx11 actually improved framerates so a dx11 is reccomended

and yea l3 cache is good but you cna sometimes unlock the cache in a athlon (don't count on it but its possible)

intel is in fact stronger on it so if its just for wow or primarily also a thing to consider however you also pay alot more for it

also you'd be surprised how much gains you get running ultra for everythign btu turn shadows to low

i can say i am personally running wow at 60 fps (monitor limited) on a 1080p tv with a athlon II 3.1Ghz stock speeds and an asus top 450 buile the whole system for $398 after the rebate on blakc friday sales, you couls mimick it all for probably 500ish now

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/299954-31-true-budget-build-shipped

Yep L3 Heka + Zotac 460 for a config in that price range sounds about right ^^ Also for the most part X3 seems like sweet spot for the $$ over spread of games tested and unlocking + stable is to be seen as bonus not given so i wouldn't count on that hehe

demondays

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Parts ordered yay :) went with my build above with cheaper ram and the 1gb 460 thanks again everyone for all your help really appropriated!!! now who wants to come over and build this for me... :??: