Some questions about Oly C-3030 and photoshop

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
January 19, 2005 9:40:38 AM

I noticed a few posts in here about colorspace and was wondering about my
Olympus C-3030. Does it use SRGB? I'll probably just use this camera for
snapshots that will be printed at Wal-Mart but I do some editing. Do I need
to convert everything to AdobeSRGB before editing? Will Wal-Mart's machine
recognize profiles?

I've also had trouble with the Adobe Gamma setup. I can't seem to figure out
the right way to adjust the monitor brightness. It's very difficult to tell
when the white starts to darken. Is there a better way to adjust this. I'm
not so worried about the color accuracy as I am brightness and contrast. I
know I'll have to adjust some under/over exposed images.

Is there a program that does really good automatic exposure correction? I
know the photolabs have something that does it automatically and does a good
job most of the time. Is there a software equivalent?

Thanks,
Chris
January 19, 2005 5:43:32 PM

Chris wrote:
> I noticed a few posts in here about colorspace and was wondering about my
> Olympus C-3030. Does it use SRGB? I'll probably just use this camera for
> snapshots that will be printed at Wal-Mart but I do some editing. Do I need
> to convert everything to AdobeSRGB before editing? Will Wal-Mart's machine
> recognize profiles?
>
> I've also had trouble with the Adobe Gamma setup. I can't seem to figure out
> the right way to adjust the monitor brightness. It's very difficult to tell
> when the white starts to darken. Is there a better way to adjust this. I'm
> not so worried about the color accuracy as I am brightness and contrast. I
> know I'll have to adjust some under/over exposed images.
>
> Is there a program that does really good automatic exposure correction? I
> know the photolabs have something that does it automatically and does a good
> job most of the time. Is there a software equivalent?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I had a 3030 that was stolen. I now have a 3020. For both Paint Shop Pro displayed and edited the photos well, and PSP uses
sRGB as the default clor space.
!