Sign in with
Your question

Asus z 68 pro pci sharing/ bandwidth

Last response: in Motherboards
November 5, 2011 2:21:58 PM

Hello,I have a question. I am going to be using a fatal1ty sound card (pci x1.0) and possibly 2 graphics cards and my primary goal is gaming and OC. Will the soundcard screw up the set up since the asus pro doesn't have a plx chip? Which would be the best choice for a motherboard? stuck between asrock extreme 4 gen 3 (for better forward compatibility) and asus z68 v-pro with a 2500k. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
a b V Motherboard
November 5, 2011 2:34:40 PM

hmm, i recommend asus board of better performance and have upgraded features as you said that you want to install a sound card and 2 graphics card so which cards are you going to buy?
m
l
November 5, 2011 3:02:23 PM

I was probably going to get a 6950 and maybe another one later, but I have the fatal1ty sound card. I was leaning toward asus, however without the plx chip, I wanted to make sure that 2 vid cards, and the sound card in another pci slot, that nothing would be disabled. and that I would still be able to do x16.
m
l
November 5, 2011 4:27:16 PM

alternatively, I could get the p67 since if i get an ssd i'll probably not bother with caching and just get one big enough to hold the os with the money saved. I could get the asrock extreme 4 gen 3 or asus pro for p67 at the same price since microcenter has some good deals on both of them and the z68's however the p67 is cheaper.
m
l
!