Quality ATX Gaming Case

jaguarmatt

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
I've bought just about everything for a new build but a case. There's going to be way too much heat for my M-ATX case to handle, so I was looking to upgrade to a standard size ATX.

I'll be using an MSI-890GXM-G65 for the time being but will upgrade to Bulldozer within a year.
The case can't be flimsy and must be versatile since I will be taking it pretty much everywhere I go. lol
(LAN Party ftw) However, no window panel if possible.

My budget is $100, but I may spend a tad more if it's worth the dough.

Currently considering:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042&cm_re=antec_300-_-11-129-042-_-Product
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133176

Preferred colors are Black and Blue since all my other parts are 1 or the other.

All help appreciated, feel free to recommend other cases as well!

Thanks,

Matt

Solution
+1 to Tecmo's recommendations. I had the Antec 300, and put 3 extra fans for a total of 5 (2 front, 1 side, 1 rear, 1 top). Plus you can fit huge CPU coolers in it (had a Titan Fenrir in it). Even with that and 2 GTX 460s, my case temps were still in the 30s.

I also hear the CM 912 is great, I just have no experience with it.
+1 to Tecmo's recommendations. I had the Antec 300, and put 3 extra fans for a total of 5 (2 front, 1 side, 1 rear, 1 top). Plus you can fit huge CPU coolers in it (had a Titan Fenrir in it). Even with that and 2 GTX 460s, my case temps were still in the 30s.

I also hear the CM 912 is great, I just have no experience with it.

Solution

jaguarmatt

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
I already have the Antec 300 but wasn't sure if I should open it yet lol.

I'm going to put in some higher quality fans but will only be using a low-profile cpu cooler.

Most likely going to paint the inside black as well. What would be a good brand of paint to get?

insideOUTlaw

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Storm Scout is great for LAN Parties with that big handle, but you might want to consider the Lancool k62 made by Lian Li and the CM HAF 922 both are fairly pricey though. HAF 922 is pretty big too.

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I highly recommend the Antec 300. I just built a new rig for my youngest son and used this case. Solid and very cool. 3- 120m fans and each have adjustable speeds. I set all to low and I had to turn my AC off to hear it when it started. The only thing they could have done better with this case is to mount the speed switches for the fans, but they are easily concealed in the case.

Frankly, if you're going to move a tower around, your absolute best choice (as azn said) is the Cooler Master Storm Scout. It's a well-designed gaming case, and it has a handle and other lan-party features.

If you were mATX, the NZXT Vulcan would work well, too.

If you want to go without a handle, the Cooler Master HAF series is a good place to look . . . 912, 922, or (gasp) 932.

tecmo34

Administrator

Good decision to go ahead and use the Antec 300 you had already purchased with the mod's you mentioned!!

TRENDING THREADS